Hushed Willows You'll be my nightlight
Pledged
1,542 Posts
Ooc — xynien
It didn't take long to find her brother; his attention was focused wholly on the inside of the hollow tree he stood upon. Feeling playful, Reverie slowed her approach in a half-hearted attempt at stealth. She rolled onto her back as she came close, nose extending upward as she peered into the trunk alongside Everett. Her tail thumped softly against the ground.

I feel, She announced with slow, dramatic enunciation. Like a fish that's been left in the sun for two days. And she couldn't see anything interesting on the inside of this tree. She reached out with both forepaws to push against the ceiling of the small space, grimacing slightly at the way the damp wood squished between her toes.

I think that means it's almost time, Reverie went on, glancing up at Everett. I've been thinking... I'd like you to be there. When it's time. And after, too - if you want. Those first days of the aftermath were always the hardest; there was no one more suited to see her at her worst than Everett. He'd been there, however intermittently, through all of her lowest moments in the last year — and she trusted him.
Messages In This Thread
You'll be my nightlight - by Reverie - February 14, 2024, 12:40 AM
RE: You'll be my nightlight - by Everett - February 19, 2024, 12:18 AM
RE: You'll be my nightlight - by Reverie - February 20, 2024, 01:25 AM