Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Private 
@Rannoch 

There is an old and rather vulgar saying - don't worry about the current problems, other shit will come your way and you will forget about these. In Wraen's case a good bash on her head had done miracles in clearing away any anger, resentment and even shame towards Rannoch and how she had acted in the whole "that is not a coyote - that is my pet" ordeal.

After leaving the stage, she had gone down to the Greatwater lake, where a couple of swans were grazing in the grass (or, whatever is the term for birds eating grass - they do, by the way). Usually she was pretty careful with these white beasts, but now in a fit of angry emotions she charged at all four, who met her first in surprise and then in just as much fury. There was a flury of hisses, growls, flapping wings, flying feathers, tufts of fur, a painful yelp and three figures waddling away, leaving the fourth lying on the ground. 

Wraen stood over it's dead body, panting hard and, as the adrenaline gradually left her blood-stream, she became aware of the numbing pain and swelling around her left eye. One of the birds had hit her hard on the zygomatic arch and it was a miracle that she was not lying there along her kill. However, ignoring her pain and anger (now aimed at no one particular) and the little stream of blood from the same side of her face, where the hit had landed and torn the skin open, she grabbed the bird by the base of it's neck and began to carry towards Sunspire.

It was a late afternoon, when she arrived at the borders - the bird had been heavy and she had had to stop many times along the way.
Messages In This Thread
Hoping when it opens I'll see you - by Wraen - May 24, 2018, 09:16 AM
RE: Hoping when it opens I'll see you - by Wraen - May 25, 2018, 12:47 PM
RE: Hoping when it opens I'll see you - by Wraen - June 13, 2018, 05:10 AM
RE: Hoping when it opens I'll see you - by Wraen - June 28, 2018, 07:18 AM
RE: Hoping when it opens I'll see you - by Wraen - June 28, 2018, 03:42 PM
RE: Hoping when it opens I'll see you - by Wraen - July 04, 2018, 06:31 AM