Big Salmon Lake First things first, I'ma say all the words inside my head.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
It was not often that Wraen got a chance to meet a fellow hunter, who was interested in clever ways of catching the feathered beasts. For most wolves, the reason, why they did not bother about avians was that often there was more feathers and bones than actual meat to them. And if other prey was available, then why should they waste effort on such animals. Wraen's motivation, however, was quite the contrary - her aim was to be as self-reliant and independent of others as possible. Therefore she picked up and learned skills that would provide not only for a pack as a whole, but also, when she would happen to be alone. And since she tended to travel a lot - it was a wise choice.

Needless to say that at Speedy's mention Wraen's eyes lit up in excitement and her tail wagged a few times. There was no way of telling, whether Speedy would or could find home among her pack, and therefore she did not want to give any more hopes or hints by asking more questions. But swapping hunting stories and experiences would be a different thing, right? "What a coincidence - I am an aspiring birdcatcher. There is plenty of water-fowl by the lake," she beckoned to the distant line of water, reflecting the sunlight, "and I focus mainly on them. What about you - what birds have you caught? The most magnificent so far?"
Messages In This Thread
RE: First things first, I'ma say all the words inside my head. - by Wraen - June 03, 2018, 10:10 AM