Whitefish River Oh, I'm a Maid, and I'm Pure and Fair--I'll Never Dance with a Hairy Bear!
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
I think you fit the whole NaWoWriMos word count in that post. Nynka is amazing.

"Oh, I definitely agree. Some are truly disgrace to their species. And especially those, who use their heads to literally deal with problems, not think with them. By whole and large this is the silliest thing I have ever heard a wolf doing," Wraen let the insult slide and pretended to wholly agree with this, just to see the mustelid gloat more. She was probably imagining this, but one more praise and Nynka would go "poof" like a white furry balloon. 

And she would not be a story-teller for nothing, if she did not try to put more wood to the fire, to see it burn brighter and stronger, and remodel the insult into a compliment: "I think that same can be said about weasels too. I mean, you are the first truly intelligent and smart specimen I have met so far." 

Wraen was not dumb and caught the moment, when the sly little thing offered her to do something out of goodness of her heart and feel grateful for it to Nynka. She had to hold back laughter, because the more absurd the situation went, the more hilarious it got. There was a tiny prick of guilty conscience for making her conversation partner believe that she was taking seriously every verbal ramble that was aimed at her, while Wraen was simply messing around.

But she asked for it. And she would never believe, if I told her my true intentions, would she? With this reasoning in mind, she gave Nynka the sweetest smile and asked kindly: "Where do you want me to carry it? I mean - you want me to leave the skull by the cave entrance or take it somewhere special?"