Whitefish River Oh, I'm a Maid, and I'm Pure and Fair--I'll Never Dance with a Hairy Bear!
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
I feel as if Wraen is a devil in disguise, walking among people and giving a helping hand at corrupting them. Checked Jess's posts - Oh, sweet love of all holy and sacred... :)

It would not have hurt for Nynka to tell those praises out loud - Wraen was no different from other people and she would have enjoyed immensely being called very intelligent, useful, full of talents and awesome. Even if it came from an animal that was one tenth of her size (that's net weight without the heavy lead package of pride and ego). It was difficult for her to read the weasel's black bead eyes or expressions for information, but her manner of speaking, when she addressed her, told her everything she needed to know. 

It was a good thing that Nynka did not really want to find out, how many weasels Wraen had met personally. Because naming the number would not be a problem, rather, how many of them had ended up on her lunch or dinner plate, when nothing better had been up for offer. The meat of other predators did not taste as good. Though it did occur to the weasel-proclaimed bright mind of the generation of the wolf-kind to find out, what would the little Napoleon have to say about gastronomic details of mustelids, she did not want to scare her away. Or... rather experience the wrath of the crazy person.

Her request sounded like a simple one, but something about "it's too good to be true" refrained her from agreeing right away. There had to be a catch. After all last time Wraen had met this person, it had tried to drag a deer leg twice the size of her across a field and shove it inside a mouse-hole. As mentioned earlier, she did not consider Nynka very sane, which was also a reason, why she liked her and kept toying with her. But there had to be some limits. Northstar vale? Wraen's eyes widened and she looked down at the weasel in surprise. She realized now that the first time she had met the weasel in an entirely different location, miles away from here. In a different part of the wilds entirely. "Mind, if I ask you, how did you get here in the first place? You did not fly, did you?" she asked.