Kintla Flatlands look and see her eyes, they glow
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She listened attentively, and he said the words she needed to hear. 

It was not so simple as that, but it was a start. 

She wanted to trust him, but there was a part of her that revolted against the very idea of it. He has shown you how little your word, and you yourself, mean—trust that! Hydra was inclined to do that; there was far less risk, and the reward spoke for itself. Not being made a fool of, for one. Maintaining her pride. Making him feel like an imbecile, which he fully deserved, for making her feel that way long ago. He had drawn her trust in for all their time together, and crushed it. It dawned upon her that in this moment, she had drawn in his trust, his hope. 

He believed...? 

She saw that he did. In his half-frown, half-grin. Hydra had always been a radiant light, and it was no wonder that when things went bleak and dark in his otherwise mundane existence (a direct consequence of not being in her company) he was drawn to it, and hoped that her star might shine upon him again... 

Alright, she decided, surprising herself. Okay. I will try. But only you, she pressed, ears forward. Rannoch, dead or not dead, could find her in whatever realm he was in and beg to be released from purgatory; he might be a good man, but his transgressions against her were damning; he was a direct witness, and then some. Terance could begin to chisel away at the wall she had built; she would not, could not, bring it down herself. She was most unwilling. 

He had a lot of work to do. 

More importantly, though... if I were you, I would warn your children about a one-eyed man. Or perhaps your ex-wife, if she still has possession of them. He seems to enjoy taking advantage of naive wolves, he did, didn't he? Sweet Galaxy; a pregnant and nurturing leader; a once-friend, who probably thought: no, he really is good!... 

...Was that her, in this scenario? 

No. Not yet. He earned her forgiveness, a tough feat, but he had not earned her trust... a whole other battle.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
look and see her eyes, they glow - by Hydra - November 05, 2018, 05:58 PM
RE: look and see her eyes, they glow - by Terance - November 05, 2018, 06:10 PM
RE: look and see her eyes, they glow - by Hydra - November 05, 2018, 06:57 PM
RE: look and see her eyes, they glow - by Terance - November 05, 2018, 07:40 PM
RE: look and see her eyes, they glow - by Hydra - November 05, 2018, 08:24 PM
RE: look and see her eyes, they glow - by Terance - November 05, 2018, 09:31 PM
RE: look and see her eyes, they glow - by Hydra - November 05, 2018, 11:16 PM
RE: look and see her eyes, they glow - by Terance - November 05, 2018, 11:28 PM
RE: look and see her eyes, they glow - by Hydra - November 05, 2018, 11:58 PM
RE: look and see her eyes, they glow - by Terance - November 06, 2018, 12:08 AM