Firefly Glen We'll be alright if you don't ask me to stay
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Perhaps things might have been well, had Speedy not moved. For a moment she had considered her fathers words, and entrusting him with the protection of Speedy... but her decision had not been made by the time Speedy herself shifted to obey him, and not her. Hydra's season emboldened her, and she recalled quickly what was at stake here. Her future. Her childrens future. Their place upon the mountain this year. If Charon was at all tempted by the agouti woman, it put everything on the line for her. 

Most of all, her pride. 

She considered what was on the line for her father. She did not understand it was the same for him; she had thought he quit the mountain by choice, as she sometimes did to scout. There was an animal desperation in the both of them, but in the moment Hydra could only see her own as Speedy moved toward him—

Everything told her to fight. She lunged forward with a loud snarl, but did not act on it; there was fire in her eyes as she looked to Speedy that did not dwindle as her gaze fell upon her father. Perhaps foolishly, she trusted him; he had not done wrong by her in her lifetime, and had listened to her correction of his own actions. And in any case, she did know she was out for blood—at least now. Speedy listening to her would have changed it, but now? Only one thing would mean she would not, and it was the agoutis abstinence. 

I leave it to you, father, she spoke slowly, terribly calm as her ears thrust forward, but if anything comes of it, you will only have yourself to blame for the deaths that come of her union with any. Her eyes fell to Speedy, fangs revealed in full now. Warning given so that none of her (perhaps even their) misdeeds consequences would be unknown, she turned on her heel and quit their company, infuriated with the turn of events. She entrusted Dirge to watch her back, her gait proud and her gaze determined as she headed toward her mother.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
RE: We'll be alright if you don't ask me to stay - by Hydra - May 04, 2019, 04:51 PM