Ghost Lion Crag "If per capita was a problem...
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Private 
...decapita could be arranged." Terry Pratchett, "Reaper Man".

During the time Wraen had spent bringing food to @Kiwi and pretending to be an outstanding citizen within her pack, she had not spoken to the girl much. She had still not reached a decision, why she had helped Wildfire's daughter or whether she deserved to be saved. Every time she saw Colt's serious wounds, she was reminded of, how fragile his state still was and how dangerous the girl could be, if let to walk free. And every time she returned to Kiwi with the rock solid resolution that this was the last time - she would leave her and never return, she failed. Though guilty of a crime, the girl was injured as well.

When it had seemed appropriate to leave her on her own, Wraen had set out to find that friend she had mentioned. And by a pure stroke of luck she had met @Yami , briefly informed that Kiwi was in a very bad state and in danger and that she should come, leaving out the reasons, why was it so and what had really happened to her. She had feared for her safety, if the yearling jumped to the same rash conclusions as her leader had. She left the girl with precise instructions of, where to go and where to find them, then came back to the patient, feeling that before she left for good, there should be some final words said. 

"I want you to know that Wildfire died of a disease that slowly wasted her body and made her very weak. Raven could not help her and neither could any one of us have prevented it," she told in a steady and calm voice, quietly demanding Kiwi to pay attention closely and listen. "She died peacefully surrounded by friends and family," the memory was still vivid and Eljay's melancholic state was a constant reminder of, what had happened. "I am sorry that you had to find this out so late and in such a way, but, what you did to Colt was wrong and unjust," she said. 

"We are low in numbers, we have many mouths to feed and by seriously injuring one of our best, you have jeopardized the survival of your siblings and the rest of the children," she went on. "If Colt dies, if any of the kids die as a result of your actions, that's entirely on you. If you ever show your face near Firebirds, Heaven forbid, try to attack any of them, I will kill you personally," she told, her gaze cold and hard, steel in her voice. She was not joking.

"I helped you, because Wildfire was my friend and I believe she would not have wanted any of use become murderers because of you," Wraen explained. "Consider your survival this time as a work of angels," she turned to leave, then stopped, looked over her shoulder and added. "And remember... the thing about angels is that you only ever get one." Without waiting for a response or wishing to continue the discussion, she departed. All was said and done here.
Messages In This Thread
"If per capita was a problem... - by Wraen - July 30, 2019, 05:20 PM
RE: "If per capita was a problem... - by Kiwi RIP - July 30, 2019, 05:43 PM
RE: "If per capita was a problem... - by Yami - August 02, 2019, 05:36 PM
RE: "If per capita was a problem... - by Kiwi RIP - August 05, 2019, 08:23 AM
RE: "If per capita was a problem... - by Yami - August 16, 2019, 04:36 PM
RE: "If per capita was a problem... - by Kiwi RIP - August 21, 2019, 08:56 AM
RE: "If per capita was a problem... - by Yami - August 25, 2019, 05:42 PM