Moonspear I've seen this room, I've walked this floor
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
His words brought an amused twitch to her lips. She had suspected as much, and was not offended. They were identical twins, after all, and their resemblance was such that these things happened all of the time. She listened to him as he spoke about arriving at a strange time; truth be told, times had been stranger just before their passing. Hydra knew within herself Alya had likely sensed this, and could ignore the feeling no longer. 

As he spoke about missing his old home, Hydra nodded; she could not imagine leaving her own home, not for another pack at least. She hoped that Nikai might come to feel this way for Moonspear, in time. It would make Alya happy, she thought, and Hydra would have this be so. I am thankful you are there for her. And here, too. Your support... the extra eyes and ears... it also brought me some peace of mind, while I raised my young, Hydra said in earnest, his own presence being meaningful to her, too, in these times. 

Hydra gestured toward his leg. An old friend of mine, he was upon Moonspear and had a broken leg. He had to navigate with three legs for a time, and in solidarity I simply did not use one of my own legs for a time, to... understand, as best I could, what that might be like. Also how to fight that way, she shared, tail twitching behind her. She had greater respect for Nikai remaining despite the difficulty. He and Gannet both seemed to have a great strength of will that seemeed to make up for the lack of the appendages use. Moreso for Nikai, perhaps—his condition was permanent.

It was unfortunate that he ended up with Alya; her sister deserved more. Hydra wondered if she could craft Nikai into what she deserved, or if his missing limb truly would get in the way of how she saw him; time would tell. 

Do you know how to defend yourself? She asked then, how to use what most see as a disadvantage to your advantage? Her ears pricked, and her head tilted; she meant no offense, and her question was matter-of-fact and without judgment—she simply wanted to know how Nikai had survived this way, and what he had learned throughout.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
I've seen this room, I've walked this floor - by Hydra - August 25, 2019, 10:01 PM
RE: I've seen this room, I've walked this floor - by Hydra - September 11, 2019, 05:50 PM
RE: I've seen this room, I've walked this floor - by Nikai - October 03, 2019, 01:57 AM
RE: I've seen this room, I've walked this floor - by Hydra - October 09, 2019, 08:36 PM
RE: I've seen this room, I've walked this floor - by Nikai - October 16, 2019, 08:28 AM
RE: I've seen this room, I've walked this floor - by Hydra - October 18, 2019, 10:56 AM
RE: I've seen this room, I've walked this floor - by Nikai - October 29, 2019, 08:07 AM
RE: I've seen this room, I've walked this floor - by Hydra - November 01, 2019, 12:13 PM
RE: I've seen this room, I've walked this floor - by Nikai - November 12, 2019, 08:56 AM
RE: I've seen this room, I've walked this floor - by Hydra - December 11, 2019, 10:51 AM
RE: I've seen this room, I've walked this floor - by Nikai - December 24, 2019, 06:04 AM