Ghost Lion Crag i know there's greed and there's corruption
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Perfect - story time!" Wraen quipped and tapped her paws cheerfully on Arthur's shoulders. He had chosen wisely by telling her that he did not know. She liked his honesty and would never ask him to pretend to be better before her, but it was nice now and then to hear a "white lie", if it meant that it would let her shine and thus make her happy.

"They are like dwarves, except - not exactly. More magic and mischief than living underground and digging for gold or, whatever valuable is under there," she explained. "So, there is a story about a beautiful, but conceited princess, who once met a korrigan and made fun of him. Because - they are not exactly pretty even by the most lenient standarts," Wraen said.

"The very next day the korrigan came by and had brought her a freshly-hunted hare and a small mice too. He said that this was a gift to her and she should have it, if she ate the mouse first," she paused briefly, collecting her thoughts and putting the details of the story in the right order. "She was hungry, so she did as she was told and ate the mouse first, the hare second. And on the same evening she became seriously ill. After a week she gave birth to a child, even though - you know - she did not have a mate." 

"You can easily imagine that this caused an uproar in her pack, especially since the child also reminded less that of a regular wolf, but more like the mouse she had eaten. The princess was cast out, because people believed her to be cursed,"
 she thought that this part of the story should be familiar to Arthur. Because - well - he lived in a very traditional pack. "After wandering around for a long time, she met the same korrigan, at whom she had laughed at. -Not laughing now, are you, darling?- he asked her. Then he picked up the child, murmurd few words and it turned into a mouse and disappeared in the foliage. -Let it that be a lesson to you,- the korrigan told her and disappeared. The princess returned home and never spoke ill of anyone again."

Based on bretagne folk tale "Korrigan's nut".
Messages In This Thread
i know there's greed and there's corruption - by Arcturus - October 23, 2019, 08:34 PM
RE: i know there's greed and there's corruption - by Wraen - October 24, 2019, 09:07 AM
RE: i know there's greed and there's corruption - by Wraen - October 29, 2019, 02:32 PM
RE: i know there's greed and there's corruption - by Wraen - October 30, 2019, 10:28 AM
RE: i know there's greed and there's corruption - by Wraen - October 30, 2019, 10:54 AM
RE: i know there's greed and there's corruption - by Wraen - October 30, 2019, 11:23 AM
RE: i know there's greed and there's corruption - by Wraen - November 06, 2019, 05:24 PM
RE: i know there's greed and there's corruption - by Wraen - November 10, 2019, 03:17 PM
RE: i know there's greed and there's corruption - by Wraen - November 20, 2019, 02:47 PM
RE: i know there's greed and there's corruption - by Wraen - December 06, 2019, 02:19 PM
RE: i know there's greed and there's corruption - by Wraen - December 14, 2019, 05:44 PM
RE: i know there's greed and there's corruption - by Wraen - December 21, 2019, 02:44 PM
RE: i know there's greed and there's corruption - by Wraen - January 02, 2020, 02:23 PM
RE: i know there's greed and there's corruption - by Wraen - January 04, 2020, 05:18 PM
RE: i know there's greed and there's corruption - by Wraen - January 10, 2020, 04:37 PM
RE: i know there's greed and there's corruption - by Wraen - January 12, 2020, 02:48 PM
RE: i know there's greed and there's corruption - by Wraen - January 18, 2020, 04:41 PM
RE: i know there's greed and there's corruption - by Wraen - January 19, 2020, 12:55 PM