Neverwinter Forest do not let me down
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra listened to everything shared in a respectful, and interested silence so that all could be shared without interruption where it was not necessary. Hydra thought on the second attacker; she wondered if he was not killed due to outside intervention, or something else. If something else, what might it be? It all seemed too related to be separate. All wolves of the same sort. All who ought to die. Were they one and the same, or different? Hydra took note of the direction and considered traveling that way at some point. Of course they were done upon near-yearlings, of course unprovoked. A dark look passed over her features, easy enough for him to read: these are the wolves they have always selected. With the exception of the mercenary, their targets were young wolves they likely believed they could take advantage of. 

Hydra wished Osiris might have proven them wrong, but the shade had been able to take advantage of her own position and he had been too trusting, surely, to think she might attack. Nevermind the warning of ones mother when life had been nothing but kind to them. Hydra understood this was the way that they must learn—the hard way, the painful way—though felt no better for it. 

She answered his thought with further news she was sure he might not be thrilled to hear. From what I have heard of the eldest of their trio, she is one to hold a grudge. I am sure she remembers, and has instructed them to remember for her own work to continue. I do not doubt that if they were to return and did recognize it, something might be done out of spite. Sooner, later—I am not sure. As far as Moonspear goes, they had no reason in the past to think on our involvement or our tracking of them. Now they might, given the girl from then attacked my son, but for that alone. Still, she was wounded herself in the ensuing scuffle. Perhaps she thinks nothing of it. Or perhaps any of them will come to seek vengeance for her. I assume the latter, if only to be prepared for it. Best not to be caught off-guard, she drawled. With a flick of her ear, Hydra huffed, half-playful: it would be too easy for any of us to know where they are settled so that we might simply deal with it now. As it was, she had much work to do to find out. Nothing could ever be easy, but that was fine with her at the end of the day; Hydra knew full well that all good things came with time. 

As far as what Hydra wanted to do about it? When they are found, Hydra hummed, I am of the mind that our intervention is necessary. I think that they will only continue to attack those, given that they have shown us now that they are, that they think cannot fend for themselves—and it is only a matter of time before they succeed in bringing one of that number to an early end. I do not know when that day might be, but I do wonder if you would fight for that cause when it arrives if you are able. A way to unify their own front, and themselves too, with the destruction of their common enemy. Mal seemed scrappy enough to be interested in doing something for those he cared for; he was bold, and brave, and she wondered if there was a bite behind his bark. 

Hydra could not help but hope there might be, for the good of Neverwinter and for the Wilderness, too. The more that they talked, the more she found she did not dislike him as wholeheartedly as she imagined she would. It was only thanks to the opinion of her own family she maintained some reservations, but in this she saw the opportunity for them all to show their true colors to one another. 

not sure as of yet if hydra would have been told about stara having purple eyes herself so just, vague w the similarity there!!!
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
do not let me down - by Hydra - March 13, 2020, 12:52 PM
RE: do not let me down - by Mal - March 13, 2020, 11:17 PM
RE: do not let me down - by Hydra - March 15, 2020, 01:00 PM
RE: do not let me down - by Mal - March 15, 2020, 02:15 PM
RE: do not let me down - by Hydra - March 16, 2020, 10:07 AM
RE: do not let me down - by Mal - March 16, 2020, 12:57 PM
RE: do not let me down - by Hydra - March 16, 2020, 01:31 PM
RE: do not let me down - by Mal - March 16, 2020, 08:58 PM
RE: do not let me down - by Hydra - March 16, 2020, 11:18 PM
RE: do not let me down - by Mal - March 17, 2020, 12:16 AM