Sun Mote Copse “The things that make me different are the things that make me, me.” —Piglet
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
Arcturus's reaction gave Bronco pause, and he looked to Meerkat to gauge her reaction. Arcturus had come from Moonspear- but the mention of it made him stutter, now. He didn't notice the dark blur of Alyx as she balked in her approach, only to turn and run off into the shade a moment later. His gaze was steered toward Wraen who also voiced a question which made his heart sink. She didn't approve of their decision, either- and he hated disappointing Wraen. His heart sank a bit- he'd miss her, while he was away at Moonspear, and he felt guilty going somewhere she obviously did not approve of. But time would make things better, wouldn't it?

"We'll definitely visit, once a month," He said, repeating Meerkat's vow. "But it'll be OK. I'm gonna take care of Meerkat, an' Hydra's a good family friend. Things're going to be OK," He said, with gentle but firm finality. Their decision had been made- and while it hurt him to know he would not necessarily have Wraen's blessing...Things seemed right; it was time for him and Meerkat to leave the nest, and learn to grow up in another environment. Saying goodbye made his heart ache, knowing that he wouldn't get to play Princess with Alyx, or make mud castles with Quetzal, or talk to Primrose about the girls he fancied as often as he wanted to- but he would be back to visit as often as possible. He promised them that, and would make sure that he made good on those promises. 

Once they'd said their farewells, he and Meerkat made their way toward the border and away from the hubub at the Rendez-vous site. He paused for a moment at the edge of their wooded territory, before he gave a playful side-eye to Meerkat. "Let's go," He said, with an excited chuff- and bounded off toward the peak rising into the clouds in the distance.
Messages In This Thread
RE: “The things that make me different are the things that make me, me.” —Piglet - by RIP Bronco - September 07, 2020, 02:10 PM