The Sentinels I'm afraid to sleep because of what haunts me
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Bronco, you do not have to feel ashamed or anything," Wraen tried to reassure her friend, when she caught that moment of hesitation and insecurity in his demeanor. Yes, she had been disappointed in that first shocking moment, finding out that all of a sudden Firebirds and Moonspear were best buddies and that it had happened behind her back. But now that she was no longer tied to the responsibilities of leading a pack and having an alliance that her whole being went against, it no longer mattered.

"Umm... let's put it like that, I was very sad to see you two go. And I would have liked to have a bit more preparation for that moment too," she chose her words carefully. "But I did exactly the same thing, when I was your age. My brother and his friend wanted to found a new pack and I did not say so much as a goodbye to Moonspear, when I agreed to go with them," she told, smiling now. "I can't say that taste of my own medicine is sweet or likeable, but I have learned to let people go over time," but no matter the age, having them leave you, was just as hard. 

"And this alliance with Moonspear would have happened either way. If it is for the better of the pack, I do not want to stand in it's way. I have my reasons not to like or trust Hydra, Arcturus has plenty that he's still dealing with - we would not have fit in that new arrangement," Wraen explained. "However, you and Meerkat represent a new generation. Perhaps, you will create something great," she shrugged, but highly doubted it. As long Hydra was at the helm, she did not believe in much change in Moonspear itself. 

"You promise me just one thing - keep that good and kind heart of yours. If I know it's safe, I will sleep soundly at night," she smiled at him fondly.
Messages In This Thread
I'm afraid to sleep because of what haunts me - by RIP Bronco - September 26, 2020, 12:35 PM
RE: I'm afraid to sleep because of what haunts me - by Wraen - September 26, 2020, 12:51 PM
RE: I'm afraid to sleep because of what haunts me - by Wraen - September 27, 2020, 01:27 PM
RE: I'm afraid to sleep because of what haunts me - by Wraen - September 28, 2020, 04:25 PM
RE: I'm afraid to sleep because of what haunts me - by Wraen - October 27, 2020, 10:43 AM
RE: I'm afraid to sleep because of what haunts me - by Wraen - November 01, 2020, 10:14 AM
RE: I'm afraid to sleep because of what haunts me - by Wraen - November 01, 2020, 12:33 PM