Bearclaw Valley There is nothing more lonely than an action taken quietly on your own
this is my book
and i know how to work the spells and charms in it
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
aventus' fear pleased the ripple of coils behind the cyclop's-stare. they ceased, and he cooled, magma beneath a gentle breeze of obeisance. how could he be uprooted when he was worshipped? when terror had turned to reverence in his children?
"long before you came to be, a woman gave a toe to the bears here. tore it from her foot with her own teeth. her blood and health mattered not in her devotion."
his eye was unblinking.
"your sister left to correct a debt against your mother. that is what i believe. she followed after the white wolf."
merrick trusted that aventus would know of whom he spoke.
"do not think ill of your sister. she was given a task different from your own, and she will correct her debt to you. for our family and for ursus, both of you are necessary."
"that is what you have not learned about the bear spirit. it shows one thing to you and something else to another." he lifted his chin. "you have earned your place with us. you have been granted its attention." pleasure filled the remaining eye. "i will name you our bruin-jaw. it is yours for the taking."