Redhawk Caldera He's just a different kind of kid
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
Bronco tilted his head quizzically. He wasn't sure that simply fitting a surname, or an attitude, was the way to create and support a thriving pack. The way Fennec commented, it made him wonder if she wished that that was all it took. And she wasn't really wrong- it likely would have been so much easier if fitting in with a pack was simply a matter of being blood, or marrying in. 

But Bronco knew that blood wasn't enough. 

He chuffed and shook his head, in an effort to humbly surrender to his own inexperience. "Oh, I'm not saying I know how, I'm just sayin' I want to give it a try." He could be honest, at least. But he felt he did owe Fennec at least a bit of an explanation, as though this was some kind of job application. 

"I think...I think the leaders here...I know my Mom, at least, probably shouldn't have been a leader. From what she told me, she's been demoted and kicked out more than a couple times and she never changed her ways but still she got put back as a leader until she stepped down after Prim died." He said. "And as like-minded as she and Towhee seemed sometimes, based on how well they got along when things were good, every single time they disagreed it was a fucking battlefield with Phox sort of just being tugged back and forth between the two of them. You and I....We have to be able to disagree. And be fine with disagreeing, if we're gonna lead together." He said.  "As for making packmates feel at home...I think they just need to feel like they're part of a family, while still being respected and appreciated as being an individual. We don't need everyone to think the same, or do the same, or to take the same surname so that we're all...One thing. Speaking of, though," He said, given the fact the perfect opportunity had just presented itself. "If you wanted to, you can take my last name if you think it might suit you. Blackthorn sounds kinda witchy, doesn't it?" He asked. "I take no offense if you don't wanna come join the dark side, but...The offer's there."
Messages In This Thread
He's just a different kind of kid - by RIP Bronco - November 08, 2021, 10:37 PM
RE: He's just a different kind of kid - by Fennec - November 12, 2021, 01:06 AM
RE: He's just a different kind of kid - by RIP Bronco - November 13, 2021, 07:53 AM
RE: He's just a different kind of kid - by Fennec - November 17, 2021, 12:00 PM
RE: He's just a different kind of kid - by RIP Bronco - November 20, 2021, 02:40 PM
RE: He's just a different kind of kid - by Fennec - November 21, 2021, 04:05 AM
RE: He's just a different kind of kid - by RIP Bronco - November 21, 2021, 01:57 PM
RE: He's just a different kind of kid - by Fennec - November 22, 2021, 02:23 AM
RE: He's just a different kind of kid - by RIP Bronco - November 22, 2021, 12:05 PM
RE: He's just a different kind of kid - by Fennec - November 22, 2021, 12:37 PM
RE: He's just a different kind of kid - by RIP Bronco - November 22, 2021, 12:55 PM
RE: He's just a different kind of kid - by Fennec - November 22, 2021, 03:35 PM
RE: He's just a different kind of kid - by RIP Bronco - November 23, 2021, 11:37 AM
RE: He's just a different kind of kid - by Fennec - November 23, 2021, 01:16 PM
RE: He's just a different kind of kid - by RIP Bronco - November 24, 2021, 10:51 AM
RE: He's just a different kind of kid - by Fennec - November 24, 2021, 02:05 PM
RE: He's just a different kind of kid - by RIP Bronco - November 24, 2021, 02:40 PM
RE: He's just a different kind of kid - by Fennec - November 24, 2021, 03:17 PM
RE: He's just a different kind of kid - by RIP Bronco - November 28, 2021, 02:40 PM
RE: He's just a different kind of kid - by Fennec - November 28, 2021, 08:11 PM