Emberwood Remember when you said you loved me?
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
Routine had served to bring Bronco peace, but with that serenity he’d failed to make any attempts to heal. He felt comfortable, satisfied even, with how things were. Any anxieties he’d had about his relationship with Fennec had melted away once it had become less physical

In true Bronco fashion, he hadn’t noticed her growing restlessness. It wasn’t until it was too late for him to not notice that it hit him, and he realized in a mild panic that her scent was drawing nearer. Routine had been a dead giveaway- every day, this time of day, he was typically mid-patrol along this same section of forest. 

He froze for a moment, and scanned the area. He couldn’t see her yet. A year ago he would have overcome any obstacle to get to her but now part of him yearned to have a mountain suddenly sprout up between them so he had an easy reason to not simply run to her. 

Unable to decide what to do, he sought solace in what few minutes he could as he continued to travel along the borders though his mind raced. Maybe if he just…

He looked around again. Still no sign of her. And it wasn’t like she’d see, anyway, if she was within view. He fidgeted for a second, struggling to give himself the motivation he needed- and then whacked his own muzzle as hard as he could against an overhanging branch. 

He squinted his eyes and staggered for a second, holding his breath so he didn’t cry out. He wasn’t sure if he’d broken his nose, but it began to throb with pain and began to bleed more profusely than he’d expected it to, pattering little red splotches of blood down the front of his chest and onto the ground like little drops of red rain. It hurt like hell, but he breathed a sigh of relief. 

He couldn’t smell a thing. 

He changed his path and began heading back down the way he’d come. He wouldn’t need to avoid her if he could simply not register that she was in heat. And she was the first wolf he’d naturally want to look for, after his stupid stumble, to help him fix his nose. So once he caught sight of her, he woofed softly, to catch her attention. 

”Hey Fedd,” he called out. He was almost ashamed of how strange he sounded, now that he couldn’t breathe out his nose without spraying blood everywhere. His tail wagged from side to side slowly, held low- a sign of guilt. How stupid he’d been, accidentally bashing his face against a stupid branch like that. ”I thick I foud a haunted tree for you to exorcize,” He said ruefully. ”Just be ward- it packs a punch.” Typical, Bronco humour. Everything was normal. This was all fine.
Messages In This Thread
Remember when you said you loved me? - by Fennec - March 16, 2022, 10:40 AM
RE: Remember when you said you loved me? - by RIP Bronco - March 16, 2022, 12:31 PM
RE: Remember when you said you loved me? - by Fennec - March 17, 2022, 03:11 AM
RE: Remember when you said you loved me? - by Fennec - March 17, 2022, 10:47 AM
RE: Remember when you said you loved me? - by Fennec - March 17, 2022, 01:58 PM
RE: Remember when you said you loved me? - by Fennec - March 17, 2022, 07:31 PM
RE: Remember when you said you loved me? - by Fennec - March 18, 2022, 11:45 AM
RE: Remember when you said you loved me? - by Fennec - March 18, 2022, 03:11 PM
RE: Remember when you said you loved me? - by Fennec - March 18, 2022, 05:43 PM
RE: Remember when you said you loved me? - by Fennec - March 18, 2022, 10:01 PM
RE: Remember when you said you loved me? - by Fennec - March 19, 2022, 01:44 AM