Redhawk Caldera You're gonna have to learn to like the rockin' of the waves.
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
The youngster’s eyes caught him first, and looked upon him without bias. Curiosity tilted her head, which directed Reyes to follow her gaze and catch sight of him. 

He felt a pant of anxiety hit him, and hasten his heartbeat. Maybe he shouldn’t have caught Reyes’ attention while he had a kid- there was a chance, after all, that Reyes might still hold some grudge against him given everything Niamh had put him through. Bronco dipped his muzzle low, allowing Reyes time to recognize him, and form some sort of judgement. Bronco suddenly wished he’d said nothing and had continued on, unnoticed, but he couldn’t just avoid Reyes forever. 

He wasn’t sure the greeting was an open invitation to stay, and even when he lifted his gaze, he found it difficult to read the man’s expression. He paused and hoped his heartbeat wouldn’t punctuate his reply too much. 

”Quite a while, yes,” His voice felt higher than usual. How long had it been? It was impossible to pull together an estimate on how long it had been without using such unpleasant events as time-markers. He knew his nervousness showed; he flicked his gaze over to the young, chestnut girl at his side. 

”I…Just joined the pack, recently. I’ve known Eljay all my life…” He thought this was something Reyes would know, but he stated it more for the sake of his daughter, as a set up for what he said next. He bobbed his head to her, respectfully. ”You must be the Queen of Brechelient then, yes? I um. I was told she was…Very smart, very brave. That must be you, hmm?”