Redhawk Caldera All the walls would fall around me
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
Something she said resonated with what Bronco had intended to do, all along. Regardless of how Sorana treated him, regardless of the huffs and eye-rolls and dismissals, he would be there. He could endure the cold shoulder, no matter how much it hurt him, and no matter how hard it was to not take it personally. "I...I always planned to do that," He said. "Y'know, even if she never comes around. She's Teya's daughter, so she's family. No matter how that family changes." He said. He shook his head. "I just hope....Maybe with time, she realizes that she's included." 

She was an expert at putting distance between them. And he was no good at figuring out how much he could tug at the reins, to pull her back in, without her feeling cornered and suffocated. He'd tried to save her father's life- and he wished that she at least saw something in him for that. 

"I...It's hard to get out of that." He admitted. "But...Yeah, you're right. It's....Kind of hard to do that, because it still just...It guts me, to think about it." He still dreamed about his father and whenever he awoke, he had to face the reality that his world was without him. But your thoughts and feelings, they don't matter, whispered the quiet voice. He was a father, and would be a father again- he'd have to keep those things that were too big even for him, away from his children. They were the ones who would need guidance and reassurance. If he succumbed to his own feelings, he'd be a burden, and would teach them that there wasn't a going forward. "You have to hide a bit of it, don't you. So they can see that it gets better?"
Messages In This Thread
All the walls would fall around me - by Bridget - February 21, 2023, 10:41 AM
RE: All the walls would fall around me - by RIP Bronco - February 21, 2023, 05:52 PM
RE: All the walls would fall around me - by Bridget - February 22, 2023, 05:59 PM
RE: All the walls would fall around me - by RIP Bronco - February 22, 2023, 07:08 PM
RE: All the walls would fall around me - by Bridget - February 22, 2023, 07:16 PM
RE: All the walls would fall around me - by RIP Bronco - February 22, 2023, 07:28 PM
RE: All the walls would fall around me - by Bridget - February 22, 2023, 07:54 PM
RE: All the walls would fall around me - by RIP Bronco - February 23, 2023, 01:04 PM
RE: All the walls would fall around me - by Bridget - February 23, 2023, 01:26 PM
RE: All the walls would fall around me - by RIP Bronco - February 23, 2023, 01:51 PM
RE: All the walls would fall around me - by Bridget - February 23, 2023, 02:12 PM
RE: All the walls would fall around me - by RIP Bronco - February 23, 2023, 02:42 PM
RE: All the walls would fall around me - by Bridget - March 03, 2023, 11:59 PM