Moonspear how far i'll go
180 Posts
Ooc — Kat
All Welcome 
Galaxy had been spending most nights up here at what she thought of as the tippy-top of the mountain. She had found a tilted ledge where she could sprawl and gaze up at the stars for hours. The heavens could easily capture her attention for that long. There was another part of the view that enchanted her lately too: the distant sea. Especially on moonlit nights, she could see the foamy whitecaps ebbing and flowing along the silver sands. Sometimes, the water was so calm that the night sky reflected on its surface like a mirror image, so that the distant horizon was a seamless black ocean of stars. Those were her favorite nights.

Tonight, the moon was in its waxing crescent phase. She peered up at the swelling sliver, which bathed her face in a faint glow. Her breath unfurled before her in a silvery mist as her eyes tracked across the dark sky, now searching for Polaris. Eventually, her gaze dropped in the direction of the sea. The night wasn't bright enough to see it, though if she strained her ears, Galaxy swore she could hear the soft susurrus of the distant surf.

Could I get her properly titled? Oh, yeah, Ax is back! :)
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra would come and visit Galaxy, her favorite stargazer (not including her father, who was naturally truly her favorite), often enough to hang out and stare at the stars with her. Since Ax was unfortunately not big on fighting, there was not much else to do by ways of bonding with her but this. Stars were something that the Ostrega clan of Moonspear could all relate to enjoying, though, and so hanging out and stargazing wasn't a waste of time to her. Hydra, in her spare time, taught Galaxy the stars that could guide her if she ever found herself lost. As of yet that wasn't an issue; Axe neve left Moonspear.

The yearling climbed up to meet her sibling, ears pricked atop her head. She was in the same spot she could always be found in, in recent times, and Hydra greeted her with a chuff.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
180 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Wait, she thought a split second before Hydra appeared, a silky black shadow even darker than the night. It was her sister's puffing breath she had heard, not the distant tides. Whatever disappointment she might have felt was quickly eclipsed by the Beta female's presence, which Galaxy welcomed with a muffled yip and several affectionate bumps to Hydra's chin and cheeks. Her tail wagged so rapidly behind her that it became a quicksilver blur.

Rather apropos of nothing, the youngster questioned, "Hey, Hydra, have you ever left Moonspear?"
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra was easily appeased by Galaxy, who greeted her warmly. Hydra nipped her fondly in turn more than once before settling alongside her paler sister, who was swift to ask a question as soon as her hindquarters hit the earth. Loads of times, Hydra shared, I can take you with me someday. But first, I want to make sure that the dude who hurt Rannoch is not a problem. That'll be soon, of this she was certain.

Hydra gazed at the surrounding territories that they could spot from this ledge and grinned. Pretty cool that we can see it all, huh? Nearly, anyway. But the vantage point Moonspear provided was one Hydra did not think could be beat. It was amazing. Hydra was as proud of the territory and the pack it held (most members, anyway) as her father was. Where do you want to see? She inquired next, her blue eyes shifting to Galaxy.
180 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Her lips parted in mild surprise. How come she hadn't known that? Nonetheless, Galaxy was glad to hear that Hydra ventured beyond the borders on a frequent basis. It meant that she could tap into her older sister's knowledge and experiences as she hopefully broadened her own horizons, an impulse which had risen slowly, like bread dough, each night she peered at the distant seaside.

"Yeah, the views are awesome up here!" she agreed readily, then replied, "I really want to see the sea," and snort-laughed at the homonyms. "Have you ever gone? What's it like? Will you take me someday?" Galaxy questioned, an eagerness to her mismatched eyes as her tail stirred the cold, dark air. She had too much energy to sit.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Had she ever been to the sea...? She knew for certain her father had talked to her about it, but other childhood memories could sometimes be a blur. When Galaxy went rapidfire on her, Hydra was brought out of her pondering state and back to reality. It's endless, she informed, remembering her own fathers words on it, and strong. I could take you some day, she offered, but, after thinking on it, she said, though I bet dad would love to take us. He knows a lot about the sea, she shared. Hydra would leave the 'how' and the 'why' up to him. It was his story, after all.

Reclining onto her haunches, Hydra said, but mountains are better than the sea, I think, her gaze fell to her sister. Though she was bias, and would even admit to that, she would stand by her facts opinion 'til her last breath. Galaxy seemed too excited to sit, but Hydra wanted to hear everything she had learned. Gesturing to the sky now, Hydra hummed, what new, cool facts do you think you could teach me? She inquired. Hydra knew as much as her other sisters did, though had less personal interest in it. They were all children of the stars, after all.
180 Posts
Ooc — Kat
"Oh," Galaxy breathed, "I'd like that!" She loved her father and she loved her sister, and the youngster knew there was so much to learn from each. The thought of the three of them taking a trip to the seaside together gave her great pleasure. She would look forward to it very much.

She was wondering when they might go when Hydra distracted her with a question. She tilted her head and stared ponderously upward for a few beats before offering her sibling a dreamy smile. "Do you know about the winter solstice? It's coming soon—by the next lunar cycle, I think."
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The inquiry was met with a grin. That's an easy one, Axe, she said, though her voice was fond. Her own gaze went skyward. I think that is something that all wolves might know. Something we can feel, at least, she herself did. It was something the changing wind carried with it—the way the very air tasted. The scents, too, indicated a change in weather. Rains were not what was to be anticipated anymore with the clouds that came to them, but snow. But that had been a lesson of their fathers nonetheless. This would be the first Winter Hydra would remember well.

What else, stargirl? Hydra queried, the new nickname coming from her lips. Hydra was less axe, Hydra had come to see, and more girl-with-her-head-in-the-clouds. Her tail waved, wondering what else Galaxy might know.
180 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Another wolf might have felt disappointment at Hydra's affectionate dismissal. But Galaxy just returned her grin with a serene smile, her eyes merry. The Beta wanted to know something else, something she didn't already know, and the pup's tail gave a few twitches.

"But do you know it's the shortest day of the year? It's the day the sun stands still, then turns around and goes the other way," Galaxy shared. "It's also the first day of winter, astronomically speaking. Spring starts on the equinox, which is three lunar cycles after the solstice."

But... "What else, stargirl?"

"Did you see our friend, Polaris?" Galaxy wondered, pressing closer to Hydra and then pointing her snout at the largest pinprick of silver light in the sky. Hydra had been the one to first introduce her to the North Star. "She's looking beautiful tonight."