Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
All Welcome 
@Terance 

The last few days since the incident had passed in a haze. At some point Wraen had awoken from her coma-like state and dragged herself away from the scene, until she found a small hollow. There - secluded from everyone else - she fell asleep. Her body still ached and on the first day she experienced bouts of bloody diarrhea and painful stomach cramps, but, upon waking up on day three, she could finally tell that - though she was far from well, she wasn't going to get any worse either. 

Having not eaten anything, let alone drink, she found a puddle of stale rain-water and, unable to hold her weight for too long, sank to her belly to have a drink. Then she got up again and returned to the hollow, lying down there again and watching the world from an oblique perspective.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
though wraen had been in some life-threatening situations, the alpha and beta bromance decided they needed to speak to wraen now-- regardless of how poor of timing it may or may not have been. @Liffey, of course, was clued into this need to speak, and was more than welcome to join them, but terance and @Rannoch visited where wraen slept right after a patrol, so liffey wasn't with them.

terance approached the hollow with his usual posture, stiffer than usual as he and wrean's relationship was still strained. they needed to talk, and though he had brought a rabbit as a gift, his demeanor did not scream 'this is a friendly visit.'

"how are you feeling?" terance asked as he approached, setting the rabbit down for his sister to eat. ice-breaker first, then cut to the chase.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Wraen heard someone coming and rolled to her belly, in order to greet the at-the-moment invisible visitor properly. It turned out to be Terance, bringing a rabbit with him and she offered a light sway of her tail and a smile. However, this gesture of good-will disappeared, when she had a closer look at his serious expression and the rather stiff-business-like demeanor. Rannoch was with him as well, which added to the suspicions that this was no regular social visit, but that there was a trouble in the making. Those two never visitted her at the same time. 

"Been better," she replied. "Why the honors?" she asked then looking from one to the other, trying to read more of, what other news they were here to tell her.
Ghost
he came and stole the wild
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Despite the apprehensive feeling that curdled in his belly like sour milk, Rannoch found solace in Wraen's reply. "I hope that time continues to heal you," he remarked. Sunspire needed Wraen back in tip-top shape, and Rannoch anticipated the day that she fully recovered. 

"We're here about what happened between you and Charon," he said, "And the consequences that it might cause us down the line." There was an uncharacteristic absence of compassion in Rannoch's expression. "Let's talk about what happened, and what we can do to fix what has been done," he suggested and pushed the rabbit closer to Wraen.
a crime so old as the sky and bone
he came untied, solid as a stone
all is almost lost and it starts to show
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Charon? Why would they care about something that had happened a month ago or so? After all - though the encounter had been very unpleasant - nothing bad had happened in her opinion. Just because her former leader was a stupid, egocentric, delusional and rude fool did not mean that she would go on sulking about some insults and would-be assault.

"Uhh..." she looked up with a furrowed brow, recalling the events of that day, which was not easy, because so much had happened inbetween. "It was a long time ago, I was scouting and tracking and ran into Charon. He asked, what was I doing there, I politely replied and explained. 

Then he started threatening me and the rest of us, saying that he will kill each one of us and rip our heads off, I naturally got pissed off and replied that he should not throw around threats that he would regret later. Then he tried to assault me, I stood my ground and made my point clear about not taking any shit from him. This seemed to cool him and he did not proceed. We did a bit of a staring contest and then walked our separate ways,"
end of story.

"Umm... I think that this took place somewhere in the flatlands, but we were a very good distance away from Moonspear. There is a river there in the vicinity. And a creepy-ass forest too - I met a walking corpse there last winter," but that was a story for another day. '"Mind if I ask you, why do you want to fix things with Charon now? That guy is nuts," she asked.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
wraen's response felt cocky, at least to terance, who's shoulder fur began to bristle. even though he'd stayed quiet for her explanation and for quite some time had remained passive and submissive to wrean's judgmental gaze-- terance suddenly decided that this was too much. interrupting rannoch-- only if he had begun to speak-- terance said with much accusation, "you reprimand me for being inconsiderate and naive, but you haven't stopped once to consider the consequences your own actions have caused?" 

his voice was firm and his gaze steady, brows furrowed. "we're not trying to fix things with charon, but we're not trying to make things worse-- and you've made things worse." there, how about a taste of your own medicine, wraen?

"no mention of how you told him that their claimed hunting grounds were ours?" 
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Wraen's defense was suspicious, and Terance's rancor was blatant; Rannoch was engaged with two defensive siblings who could start squabbling at any moment. His only acknowledgment to the both of them was a sharpened growl— a warning to keep their discussion cordial.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Something in the manner Wraen had spoken ticked off Terance and made Rannoch very grave. She looked confusedly from one to the other, not really following their argument and not understanding, why was she on the accused bench. The incident had happened long time ago, been based on personal grounds, but nothing had happened. She had forgotten about it, until it was brought up now. Why?

"I have said no such thing," she replied calmly and coolly, and did not let herself be provoked, though taste of her own medicine was not entirely sweet. "And our meeting took place on free lands a long distance away from Moonspear," she added, wondering, how had this escalated from an insignificant mutual rudeness to the point of, where it seemed that she had trespassed their lands, stirred up trouble, showed some rude jests and buggered off.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance heeded rannoch's warning with a lowered head and a gentle wag of his tail, but his fur still bristled. and wrean's defensiveness only pushed him further. "you were at the glen!" he said with accusation, and then turned and pace a few steps back with a dramatic growl. he was trying to keep calm and collected like rannoch had warned, removing himself from looking at wraen-- though it bothered him so deeply that she was so relaxed that he simply couldn't keep himself together. how could she not think this through? how could she not see this?

a few moments of silence from terance, who had managed to bring his anger down to a simmer, and then he turned and moved back towards his companion and sister, his gaze stoney. "i ran into hydra, who told me you threatened charon that those were our hunting grounds. wraen, the glen is less than a days travel from moonspear. you were practically trespassing. you know our relationship with moonspear is strained, you know we're not allowed to travel that close to their territory. for zues' sake, wraen, you're a hunter, you should've known that that was moonspears hunting grounds." there a solid base for his accusations. they weren't so wild and cruel as wrean's had always been, his were a necessity, and built on solid grounds of proof and evidence for her wrong doing... which she denied.

Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Terance was on the offense, and Rannoch stiffed as accusations joined the conversation. Once the Beta had gotten whatever he had needed to out of his system, the Alpha turned to him stiffly. "Terance, we are not here to blame Wraen for what she did," he said, his voice firm, "We are here to work out a solution from Wraen's experience, and you are not helping us right now." 

His tail gave a cross flick, and he turned to Wraen. 

"I know that you said that you were polite but, do you think there was anything in your explanation to Charon that might have ticked him off?" Rannoch knew that Moonspear's Alpha was passionate, and was the first to express his dislike for anything. "Perhaps, it was the fact you were in the Glen," he offered after a thoughtful pause; it was well known that Moonspear had claimed Firefly Glen as their hunting grounds.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Wraen did not like to be in the position of unjustly accused and, though she kept her calm and stoic face, annoyance at Terance began to gnaw at the edges of it. He was so hell-bent on pushing her into admitting, whatever lies Hydra had spun up. And from a point of getting even with her, she could understand him. She had hurt him on more than one occasion before, the last one being more damaging to their relationship than the rest. This she could live with. However, the fact that because of their past he was more willing to trust the enemy's words than his own packmate's, was very insulting. 

Rannoch, who up until now had been a quiet observer, stepped in for her rescue and Wraen gave him a look full of relief. He was the much needed "adult", when these spats between siblings occurred. "Hydra is prone to twist facts the way she wants to see them," she said calmly and looked at Terance. "Therefore I would not take for granted anything she says, especially if it refers to a stiuation, where she was not present." After a little pause, she decided to add one last thing on this matter: "She wants to see enemies, where there are none, and therefore you would have heard the same thing from Hydra, even if I had met Charon at our doorstep."

Then, without letting Terance to interject and say something, she turned to look at Rannoch, suddenly feeling sorry for all the times she had caused him troubles, and wanting very badly to present the things in a good way. "While we as Moonspear wolves hunted there and in the surrounding territories occasionally, they are no-man's land as far as any wolf is concerned. Glen is a very big territory, there are no set borders of, where it begins or ends, therefore I don't see, how I have trespassed any more than any other wolf or scout that did not belong to the Moonspear ranks would have," she paused, carefully weighing out her next words. "But I see that you along with Hydra see it differently and I accept that."

"I did not happen to be there to cause trouble - herds don't stay in one place permanently, they move, and my reasons to going so far and so long is to have enough options for our pack, if we run low on food," she went on. "I have expressed it before and I have not changed my mind now - I am not happy with having so many mouths to feed in the months to come. But at the same time I do not want to see any one of them starve or succumb to illness, because I failed to provide," feeling that this was going a bit off-topic, but there was one last thing to say to Terance. For the fear of not having such chance later: "Terance, I have been harsh and unjust to you in this matter - and I am sorry for that - but I have stood to my resolution - there is cache near, where Olive and Seabreeze live, and I take care that it is never empty. I may not have acted as your friend on... many occasions, but never think that because of this I am not loyal to you and that I would not take care and protect those little souls as if they were my own."

"My and Charon's argument was not about territorial grounds or claims or anything like that. It was more like an exchange of personal insults," Wraen explained. "Perhaps he has more reasons to hate me, because my mom was such a good friend of his. Maybe... maybe our leaving felt like she had betrayed him herself," this thought occurred to her now. "My mistake was that I stayed that long to even talk to him. Maybe part of me hoped that he had got over it, when I should have known better. All I can say is, that I am very sorry and I won't go scouting near their territories again."
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance wouldn't even try to interrupt-- rannoch had called him down. his blood boiled, of course, but he'd listen to his friend above all. except, of course, one comment he couldn't help but throw in over the sound of her voice because... how dare she? "don't speak such disrespect on hydra's name," he warned, a soft growl. hydra had never lied to him, not once, and beyond that, she warned him about entering into the glen ever again. he'd told rannoch, rannoch knew that hydra had been 'friendly' even after all these happenings. he hoped that rannoch would tell wraen this, as he remained completely silent for the rest of wrean's monologue, the fur on his shoulders pricked.

he was no calmer than he was at the beginning of this conversation, and had no less to say. but, reverting back to his typical self, terance kept the rest of his opinions to himself. silent, seething-- rannoch would handle this however he would, and terance had no say in it anymore.
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
"This is not a conversation about Hydra's character," Rannoch warned Terance—that subject would only advance the sibling's dispute. He turned to Wraen then, and offered a supportive nod; Rannoch wanted to her perspective, and she spoke precisely as she elaborated. 

"What's done is done. Rannoch decided after he considered the facts of the matter. "Your intentions are obvious and you've learned from this. I cannot punish you for that. Rannoch then turned his attention to Terance. "It seems as though you've done damage control, and Sunspire appreciates it. Should we have any further issues, I will ask you to come with me to Moonspear, and we will discuss matters with their leadership directly." He was relieved that Moonspear had not acted immediately—they could have easily escalated the situation if they felt inclined to do so. "As long as we give them space, we should be fine." 

"Are we good, then?" Rannoch asked as he studied Terance and Wraen carefully, "Or is there anything else that needs to be discussed?"
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"All is fine by me," Wraen replied and with this quite stressful situation solved, she felt the exhaustion creep upon her. She yawned and sighed. "If you do not mind, I will be happy to discuss anything else later," she said, appealing to the both fellows' better nature to leave the sick alone, "I am very tired and have not quite recovered." After this she rested her head between her outstretched forepaws and looked up from one to the other to see, what they had in mind.

Last one for me - thank you guys!
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Skipping with permission!

When it seemed as though there was nothing else to discuss, Rannoch looked at Wraen with a smile. "Alright," he agreed.  "We'll get out of your fur. Come on, Terance, let's patrol once more before the sun falls." 

Once both men as moved to make their exit, Rannoch glanced at Wraen once more. "Thank you for your clarification, and let us know if you need anything." 

They left then and began their watch as they navigated along Sunspire's parimeters one last time for the day.