Sun Mote Copse Story of how wren became the chief of all birds
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Stick around and I will tell you one day," Wraen did not give a direct answer to Epic's question, deciding to keep him on edge until she herself figured out, what kind of friend was he. A collegue-type one, where the friendship dissolved, once they stopped being packmates (work-pals). Or the comet like one, who shone brightly for a certain time and then both parties got weary of each other and some time later would not even understand, what they had found in each other in the first place. Or that one of a kind person that you may not meet for many months, years even and, when you get together, it feels as if no time has passed at all between the meetings. Wraen had experienced them all and with age had learned to let people in and let them go just as easily. 

"Wildfire will disagree and doubt that any bird will take my royal claims seriously, but the story goes like this," she paused to give it a little thought, in order to have all details in order. "The Great Spirit called together all birds and told that, whoever was able to fly highest in the air, will be the chief of all birds," she said. "Many took up the task, because, who does not wish to become chief, but they soon had to give up. Only the eagle remained, but, what he did not know was that the little wren had hidden himself under his wing. And when finally the eagle reached his limit, the wren left his hiding place and soared high above the proud predator bird. That's, how wren was declared the chief of all birds," she finished.

"I have always thought that the Great Spirit was not that blind not to see that wren had technically cheated, but on the other hand - the eagle had acted on pride only, while wren had been smart about accomplishing the task," she added.

Disclaimer: Native American Story retold by me, therefore some details might be different.
Messages In This Thread
Story of how wren became the chief of all birds - by Wraen - January 26, 2019, 02:51 PM
RE: Story of how wren became the chief of all birds - by Wraen - February 02, 2019, 12:45 PM