Sun Mote Copse Think I'll slip on down to the oasis
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Wraen listened with a professional interest and enjoyed the tale thoroughly. Had they met few years earlier, when she was younger and had shorter list of expectations in the possible and preferable mate, Colt would have swept her off her feet with his story-telling. In part, because she was a "book-worm", in part, because she would be able to see him with awe-stricken, naive eyes of a perso, who has had very little experience in the outside world. 

Now, however, she had seen and done a lot herself, Colt would always be viewed as that "crazy uncle, who lives in a shed in the woods and does all kinds of cool stuff" way. Not that he would mind, eh?

"A story in return. Alright, give me a moment," she thought a little, but did not have to look far. Tales of Greek gods occupied a very broad section of her mental library. "You might not be aware of it, but I have a feeling that you faced one of Aeolus - the wind god's - children," here she diverted slightly from the original, but it was easier for her to imagine the ruler of all winds having them as actual children rather than having them stored somewhere. "With gods often being fickle in their desires and actions, I think that..." she closed her eyes, appeared to be thinking about something and then found the right words and opened her eyes again. 

"Now I know. I heard the other side of your story. You see - Venus the goddess of love and the most beautiful woman in the world - had set an eye on you," she infused her knowledge with the story Colt had told. "And she always gets, what she wants, no matter, what others think, want to do. So, she asked her brother to send his children and bring you up to Olympus - her splendid home. But unfortunately for her the wind children are air-heads and, once they had picked you up from that cliff, they got too carried away in their own games. And - poof - you landed back on Earth and they returned to the goddess having entirely forgotten, what they had had to do in the first place.

She was angry - of course - but it is pointless to argue with the wind. So - in the end you missed out an epic date with a goddess," 
she finished. Now that was, how legends were born and how people kept them alive and kicking. "On the other hand - consider yourself lucky. Because her mate Hephaestus is not only a big and tough guy, but has a peculiar sense of humor. And you do not want to find out, what jokes are to his taste."
Messages In This Thread
Think I'll slip on down to the oasis - by Colt RIP - March 04, 2019, 07:12 PM
RE: Think I'll slip on down to the oasis - by Wraen - March 07, 2019, 02:12 PM
RE: Think I'll slip on down to the oasis - by Colt RIP - March 08, 2019, 09:30 AM
RE: Think I'll slip on down to the oasis - by Wraen - March 10, 2019, 01:34 PM
RE: Think I'll slip on down to the oasis - by Colt RIP - March 10, 2019, 07:00 PM
RE: Think I'll slip on down to the oasis - by Wraen - March 13, 2019, 04:32 AM
RE: Think I'll slip on down to the oasis - by Colt RIP - March 15, 2019, 08:33 AM
RE: Think I'll slip on down to the oasis - by Wraen - March 20, 2019, 05:57 AM
RE: Think I'll slip on down to the oasis - by Colt RIP - March 27, 2019, 10:53 AM
RE: Think I'll slip on down to the oasis - by Wraen - March 27, 2019, 02:23 PM
RE: Think I'll slip on down to the oasis - by Colt RIP - April 01, 2019, 11:36 PM
RE: Think I'll slip on down to the oasis - by Wraen - April 02, 2019, 01:02 PM
RE: Think I'll slip on down to the oasis - by Colt RIP - April 07, 2019, 04:04 PM
RE: Think I'll slip on down to the oasis - by Wraen - April 15, 2019, 04:21 AM
RE: Think I'll slip on down to the oasis - by Colt RIP - April 15, 2019, 06:32 PM
RE: Think I'll slip on down to the oasis - by Wraen - April 22, 2019, 01:44 PM
RE: Think I'll slip on down to the oasis - by Colt RIP - April 25, 2019, 11:55 AM
RE: Think I'll slip on down to the oasis - by Wraen - April 25, 2019, 02:29 PM
RE: Think I'll slip on down to the oasis - by Colt RIP - April 30, 2019, 02:44 PM
RE: Think I'll slip on down to the oasis - by Wraen - May 11, 2019, 01:58 PM
RE: Think I'll slip on down to the oasis - by Wraen - May 16, 2019, 02:10 PM