Falls of the Hinterlands [NaWOWriMo] Sirens come calling It won't be long Until you're running
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Either Wraen had misunderstood him or - on the contrary - leaving on his own was, what he had implied, she bristled and countered: "Well, now that you have warned me about a possibility of cliff-diving, I will tag along. Do not want to have your soul on my conscience."

She walked with him in silence, watching him warily and listening to the voices that were still speaking, laughing, singing and alluring around them. You do know that I never really liked you... Someone said, mimicking Maia's voice perfectly, but Wraen brushed this off easily. Just like a reflection is not a real, so did this near-perfect impersonation remained just that. It lacked something important.

You are worthless. What good are you with your head in the clouds, always? You do not belong here. A different (or the same creature) tried it's luck at being Sarah. Been on that road, already. Wraen replied, smiling. I do not believe you. If it is true, I do not care. After this everything around her became quiet - she looked over at the fellow she was supposed to guard, whether he was doing better. 

"I never learned your name, by the way," Wraen said to distract him, in case he needed that. "I am Wraen."

[And she did not get any further than that, because Maia kicked her in the sleep and Wraen woke up in the middle of the night with echoes of the voices still resonating in her head.]

Concluding all NaWO threads. Thank you for participation!
Messages In This Thread