Tuktu Hinterlands die sondeval
53 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
All Welcome 
there's some pee talk in this post, fyi.
your character is having some trouble relieving themself.

the pain radiated throughout the hunter's body. waves of nausea came and went, leaving anathi dehydrated and ridden with discomfort. it had taken some effort, but he managed to crawl into an abandoned den dug not far from where he'd been. 

conciousness came and went, each bought lasting only long enough for anathi to realize that he was awake again. there was a growing pressure in his abdomen, though the slowly waning numbness in his posterior half kept him from realizing.

the hunter was roused from his sleep by a cramp beneath his rib. he yelped as his head flew up, the sudden change in gravity pulling the urine from his body.
afrikaans xhosa
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Wraen had spent the better part of the day, scouting the fringes of the bog and examining the muskrat mounds. In the past weeks these had been very good hunting grounds, but as with all places that are used frequently, the resources become depleted and scarce. Today her catch had been a meager, sickly this spring's rat youth, but the rest of his kin had remained safely tucked inside their homes, sheltered both from cold and hungry predators. 

If there had been only herself to feed, the Sovereign would have felt content. However, she had to think about many and the knowledge that just another food source was no longer available, was not very happy. With the added weight of this, she was walking towards home slowly, when she came across the stark, sour smell of vomit, and changed her course. Her thoughts immediately turned to Elfie, though the tracks in the snow were left by a foreign wolf.

Still, there was some belief in righteousness left in her - perhaps, if she found this sick wolf and helped him, someone would find Elfie, wherever he was, and be good to him as well. Therefore she walked on, tracked diligently, until she found the den, where the sick wolf had cooped himself. She did not make her presence known right away and only, when a scent of fresh urine wafted from the hole in the ground upwards, did she clear her throat and called out to the sufferer quietly.
53 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
anathi's lips pulled back into a snarl. if the stranger was close enough to see and be seen, his intention was to deter them from further approach. it was a display of aggression, though his loud whines and the submissive licks of his maw communicated his bluff.

instincts kept him from being receptive. it was unwise to trust anyone while injured to such a degree. however, he'd needed help several times in the wilds and every stranger had been willing. the inner conflict continued as his demeanor eased.
afrikaans xhosa
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Wraen had learned that you could not expect injured and suffering wolves to act civil to you. Keep these two criteria and change the known wolf for a stranger - the situation could get potentially dangerous. For that reason, she flinched slightly, when the other wolf growled at her, and took some steps backwards to keep a safe distance. So that both the man felt comfortable and she would have an easy escape, if it came to fleeing. 

A quick look over her shoulder gave her the necessary information about the perimeter, then she let her gaze settle on the stranger again. She did not meet his eyes, but quickly assessed his current state and felt sympathy for his pain and fear. "I am not going to do anything bad to you," she told him with all the calm she had in possession. "You are hurt. What happened to you?" she asked him.
53 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
timorous tremors overtook the hunter's body. it would have been one thing for another male to find him, but for his potential savior to be another woman.. the shame was almost unbearable. he might have remained silent if not for knowing that he would die without help.

anathi bit nervously at his cheek. scaring the woman hadn't been his goal, but seeing her step back gave bolstered his pride enough for speech. hulp, he sighed, pyn, hier

slowly, he used his working limbs to push himself into a lounging position, though his hind legs remained still. ears flattened, the hunter knelt downward to nose weakly at his hindquarters.
afrikaans xhosa
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Oh, crap... this is no time to talk in a foreign language. Wraen thought, looking at the stranger, seeing him struggle and not understanding a thing of, what was wrong or what he needed or - and this was an entirely different line of thought - whether he was sane at all. Perhaps those mumbles did not qualify as means of communication at all.

"May I come closer and examine you?" she asked, giving all the effort to express her genuine concern for the injured wolf and adjusting her body language to a calm and reassuring vibe. Wraen lifted one of her forepaws in the air and looked at the man expectantly, asking him silently, if she may approach.
53 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
come, like kom. come help? he asked, moreso to affirm that that was her request. anathi was in no place to deny assistance, though having to do so left another hefty dent in his ego. he still sat somewhat upright with his weak legs stretched out behind him.

once more, anathi moved to clarify. snout pointing at his legs, he said, hier.
afrikaans xhosa
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Come help" were the first two words Wraen finally understood and sighed in relief. Unless she had completely misread the situation, this guy could actually speak a language that she could decipher. She came closer, albeit still carefully. Life experience and instinct warned her that injured wolves were not reasonable or rational, that they could change their whole demeanour in a split of a second. Just in case the pain grew worse suddenly.

The hind-legs splayed behind the man did not look well at all. "Did you fall from somewhere?" she asked, picking up the warmth that came from the injured extremities, which meant that they were still alive and that the wolf might have a slight chance of recovery. Were they broken? Was his spine still intact? The lack of medical knowledge was very painful - Wraen had all these questions, had no answers and had no idea, how to help, despite her best intentions to do so. "Can you walk?" she asked next, but then - what if the man could? What could she possibly do for him then?
53 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
it felt strange to be examined so closely. allowing himself to show vulnerability in such a state, it went against everything that anathi knew. still, he trusted this woman, and allowed her to do as she pleased. taking deep breaths helped him to relax and quiet the urge to snap at her.

the meaning of her questions was indiscernible. anathi huffed in frustration as he worked to understand. can? he repeated. it was assumed that she meant move them, can you move them?, to which he shook his head. ek het van 'n rots geval. my bene sit vas, so ek kan nie loop nie. 

he knew that she wouldn't understand, but trying was all that he could do.
afrikaans xhosa
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Sometimes you do not need to understand the language to get the meaning. Wraen let the foreign words pass her ears, but she studied intently the other's expression, while he spoke, and nodded understandingly. So - no. He could not get up. That much she gathered from assumption that her kind in general was very inclined to move around and were very much in control of their limbs and where were they.

But now, what was she supposed to do? The wolf had no chances of survival. If no one finished him, then it would a very long and painful death from malnutrition and cold. A tiny part of her brain told her that she held no responsibility towards the guy, that she could leave him out here on his own. There was no rational way she could help him at all. And yet... yet it felt wrong to play god. 

"I am afraid I can't help you," Wraen retreated from the fellow with a look of sorrow and sympathy. "But I can bring you some food. You just wait, okay?" she told him, then turned and took off. That much she could do. A bit of food.