Stone Circle Big Hairy Trouble
Yearling
7 Posts
Ooc — WAILING
Joining 
Joining, please let @Greyback post first

Shutterstock Image

Being alone is the worst feeling in the world to Myrna. To not have anyone to back her up in her time of need or in a time of happiness, even. She had been alone for days now, separated from her family with little clue as how to get back to them. A year of life is not long enough to learn everything needed to succeed, but she would have to make due. The area she had ended up in was very lush and she was able to survive on the smaller animals she caught.

Much to her surprise she came upon a half eaten bison corpse that had been abandoned. The meat was not very fresh but it would be so much more filling that her last few meals. Myrna carefully pulled at the carcass and tried to only eat the parts she thought were freshest. The yearling was too caught up in her meal to hear the loud snorting behind her. She only looked up when she heard a loud rumble of hooves charging towards her.

A bison bull had walked up on Myrna eating her fill of his herd member. The beast was not pleased at her actions and charged. Myrna took off in a panic towards a line of trees in the distance. She howled a desperate plea for help as she dodged the angry bull in their chase.
 #5ba3bd
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
The large man had been out with his son, @West Tyree when the sudden sharp howl sounded through the air. Surprised, but quick to act, Greyback turned to pick up his son by his pump flank before trotting towards the sound. Perhaps if it was his others he would of send them back to the den for safety. But knowing West, the pup would probably follow anyway. He didn't want to deal with his whelp's cries and stubborn behavior when there was a serious matter at hand...er, paw.

With haste, the Patriarch approached the scene and was shocked to find another wolf, one he did not know, currently flagging with a bull in tow. It was humorous, really. He could tell that the yearling, judging by their size of course, had probably gotten too close for comfort with the herd. Nevertheless, the said yearling was near their border and calling for help. Placing West down, Greyback was quick to send him to the underbrush for cover before barreling towards the beast.

Grass and dirt tore and parted in his wake as the mammoth of a man surged forward, his head low and tail high, lips pealed back in a snarl with erect ears to match. He hoped West was watching from where he was hiding, it would be good for the young boy to learn.  

As Greyback neared close he snapped at the beast's flank, careful of it's hooves. And when it turned to face him he quickly snarled and snapped again while stepping back. While other wolves were dwarfed by the chosen food of Easthollow, Greyback was large and easily able to persuade it off with a quick charge and a thunderous growl. Perhaps the bison were finally getting acclimated to the Easthollow pack. Or maybe this one just didn't feel like fighting.

When all was said and done the man turned back to the yearling with a panting grin. "Perhaps next time it would be best if you didn't disturb the food. What brings you to the border of Easthollow?"

Yearling
7 Posts
Ooc — WAILING
The yearling screamed as she ran and did not realize the bison's attention had been turned towards a new opponent. She tripped and just laid there waiting to be trampled to death. That moment did not come, however, thanks to the large bear that decided to intervene. Myrna gasped loudly as she tried to catch her breath and remove herself from the area. She heard the large bear address her once the bison had ran away.

She crawled on her stomach back to the creature and hugged his foot, "Thank you! Thank you! Than-...", she cried. She did not understand his inquiry but she had found her new protector. Even if he was not up to the task. The yearling knew she would not make it on her own so she needed to make the best impression she could to this bear. If it were to kill her, it would be alright since he did save her.

"I am Myrna. Please don't leave me alone.", she continued to whine variants of the request as she pressed against @Greyback 's legs. 

The yearling rubbed her body into the dirt and whined with much anxiety.
 #5ba3bd
Feel free to skip over me going forward, I'll post when addressed/ every now and then if this doesn't get closed before I'm home from work :P

He had been taken out by his father, something he was starting to find joy in. His mother was still couped up in the den, and after some convincing Greyback agreed to take him instead of leaving the boy to find purpose sitting at home. He had been humming as he bounced alongside his father until a worried call rose and he was quickly scooped into the jaws of his father causing a short "oof--" but he was in no pain.

He had never been carried like this before and it was almost exhilarating to be carried at such fast speeds from so high. Greyback truly was the coolest dad ever... West was ushered into a bush for safety, he wanted to complain, but he could see the storming bison nearby and knew it was for the best. The last thing he wanted was both of his parents stuck sitting around.

That being said, he edged towards the edges of the bush eager to watch as his mountain of a dad stormed at the bison. Fear clenched at him until he saw the wild beast back off and retreat. West sat in awe as he tried to figure out how he did that. Was it his size or the chomping near its feet. He recalled seeing Steph and some others do the same when they tried to hunt, but they were less successful.

Some girl was also down there, she must have been the one who howled. To his knowledge strangers were dangerous, that's how Leta got hurt, but this one seemed to be rolling around and his father wasn't acting aggressive...did he know her?
#008000 , PawprintWest's Playlist 10/10* 2/10, * = incomplete threads
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Greyback expected a greeting from the stranger, maybe an equally worded sarcastic reply. However, all he got was the girl falling to her feet and pleading, hugging his leg and making a fool out of herself. Words interrupted by her soft whines tumbled over and over into the fur of his legs. Greyback was shocked, to say the least. He was dumbfounded. He was at a standstill. He wanted to move, to lift his leg out of her grasp, and did so with an uncomfortable air around him.

"Please, stand up." He cooed, his voice soft and encouraging despite being uncomfortable. He then turned to where West was in the brush and softly called for him with a 'boof.' "I...—— wont leave you. I won't leave," he repeated to the girl, just wanting her to stop whining on the ground. The reality of the words hit him a second later. He barely knew Myrna. But she needed help, and even if he couldn't guarantee her a permanent spot in their pack she at least needed a place to rest and calm down.

He grimaced to himself. "My name is Greyback, and this is Easthollow. This here is my son, West." He pointed to the boy that was making his way over. "I want to help you, but I can't unless you calm down. Where is it that you hail from?"

Yearling
7 Posts
Ooc — WAILING
Myrna continued to whine even after she was requested to stop. It was out of happiness and not fear. She finally sat down and looked up at the bear before her. He was very tall and could snap her neck with ease. She wagged her tail at the thought, he would be a perfect companion since she was not with her family. "I am glad you will stay with me. Did you save that other pup too?"

Myrna looked towards West coming out of the bushes and wagged her tail harder. The bear-- Greyback seemed to collect other animals to take care of. He is very ideal as a caretaker. The yearling looked him up and down before replying, "I am from Branch's Edge. It is very far from here, I think", she looked around, "A flood ruined my family's home and I got separated from them as we looked for a new den."

The small tail continued to beat the ground and she licked her lips excitedly.
 #5ba3bd
His father turned and called for him and the fat boy took no hesitation to bound down the hill to join the duo. He only caught the tail end of the conversation as he made it to his father's side, something about him being saved? That wasn't right he's always been here, at least as far as he was told. With a head tilted in confusion, he squinted at this new girl, My dad didn't save me I'm Easthollow born n' raised! As if he was really truly raised yet, but he believed so at least.

He didn't really follow the rest of the conversation. He had no idea what a Branch Edge was or a flood, but it was sad she lost her family. West would probably be sad if he lost his mother or father, even Newt and Leta...maybe not Clay.
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Greyback could only continue to look as if he had swallow a bee when the young girl spoke. She had not stopped whining, but at least she was up off and ground and no longer rolling around. She was still filthy, but at least there had been some improvement to the situation.

When she asked about West, Greyback could only blink before bursting out a deep hearty laugh from his gut. It was loud really, one could mistake it for an animal dying. Laughing wasn't Greyback's most pleasant sound. "Not at all. He is my biological son—One of three." The father looked as his son wobbled up to him, his legs still not strong enough for his own age and fat body; Maybe he should cut back on how much the boy eats. He feared it was all going to his body instead of his head.

"Branch's Edge? I have not heard of such a place," He replied, shaking his head. He assumed it must of really been far then. Too far for any of the Easthollowans to travel. Perhaps it was from outside the park? Despite being so, Greyback was more surprised to hear about the girl's family rather than how far she had traveled. He felt bad for her, and gave his condolences with a saddened tone.

"Fret not, then. Eastfollow is too far out for something like that to happen here. We have the stones to guide us if we ever get lost as well." Greyback pointed his chin in the direction of them, their large stature easily see able across the territory and even beyond. The elder always loved to talk about them as if they were his own pride and joy.

Yearling
7 Posts
Ooc — WAILING
Myrna blinked at Greyback confused when he mentioned that West was his actual son, then the boy confirmed it. The modest bear must have powers to allow for creation of a wolf pup in his image. Back home in Branch's Edge there were birds who could crow and called the sun to start rising in the mornings. It all made sense to her, she would have to learn of Greyback's craft in the future. Myrna would like to craft her own followers, perhaps she could make a bear for herself. The yearling simply nodded to Greyback as he spoke and explained.

Myrna's eyes widened when Greyback mentioned the stones behind them in the distance. They must be the source of his power. Her tail wagged even more aggressively. The yearling looked to West and crawled on her stomach towards him to smell and whine. "I'm happy that there will not be floods here. It is too pretty for it to be washed away."

She kept laying on the ground in front of West but looked up to Greyback, "Now what do we do?"

#5ba3bd
He still didn't understand, but maybe this girl was going to be an Easthollow wolf? He heard his father mention the stones, so he got that part, but he wasn't sure how they led people back. I mean, you could see them from quite a bit away, but if you were really far could you still see them?

The girl started whining again, but this time she approached him causing the boy to take a step back and lightly whap her face. Was she looking to play? Based on what he saw he could definitely take her down!
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Greyback watched as the girl wagged her tail in excitement, though when she got on her stomach and started to crawl towards West he put his paw down. Right in font of her. The girl seemed nice enough, but the father wasn't so trusting anymore towards strangers towards his young. Especially when West had took a step back and looked uncomfortable.

Greyback could only glance harshly towards his son—as if to say 'don't you dare instigate.' He hoped the boy would make distance and move away, preferably behind his father for safety.

"I would appreciate it if you kept your distance from my son," the patriarch snapped, his voice still dark and holding an edge of authority before lightly mellowing out as he spoke his next words. "But thank you for your compliments towards our lands."

When the dark wolf asked about what was to come he only cleared his throat, hoping she would stand up and act disciplined. It was rather grating to the elder to speak to someone on the ground. "Tell me, what are you good at Myrna?" He questioned. If this she-wolf was to join she would need to contribute.

Yearling
7 Posts
Ooc — WAILING

Myrna flipped to her back in fear when Grey put his paw down. The yearling waited to be struck down for her mistake but instead she relaxed when Greyback's voice changed to be softer. She scooted back to stand before the large bear and wagged her tail as she listened to him. "What I am good at?", she said to the empty space between her and the gray mountain of fur.

Her blue eyes widened in panic as she could not think of anything. It was obvious he was judging her worth and if she failed to impress then she would be alone again. The yearling jumped onto her back feet and hopped repeatedly in a circle, it was a trick of hers that once impressed her mother. After the fourth turn she started to get tired and stopped while panting. Myrna knew that was not what Greyback was looking for and she began to panic again. "I- I- can smell good!!", she suddenly exclaimed.

Her ebony nose inhaled deeply as it took in the surrounding area. There were many smells but she could pick them apart. She turned and sprinted off to a patch of taller grass. There was a field mouse in it but it could not hide from the anxiety ridden she-wolf. It would be a present for the young master, even though Greyback didn't want her near West, maybe she could still feed him. She enjoyed helping with the younger pups and this would be her only chance to get a good first impression.

She dropped the crushed mouse a few feet in front of West and wagged her tail, "I can smell real good", she stated again as she looked at Greyback.

#5ba3bd
The girl before him seemed to panic as his father stepped between them. Scooting back only to cower then oddly dance around on her hind legs. He wasn't really sure what to make of the situation. Was this how interactions at the borders usually went? Suddenly her attention changed as she claimed to have a good sense of smell. She dropped back to all fours and quickly bolted off, returning with a small gift now dropped at his own paws.

West blinked looking between the food and the girl. Perhaps she shouldn't take food from strangers (even if it was on their land), but he would never turn the meal down so without even looking at Greyback for approval he tore into the mouse making quick work of it.

When he was finished he turned his attention back to the black wolf with a small tail wag. Do that again. He believed her, but if she was going to bring him free meals he'd have no complaints.
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Greyback watched as the girl panicked, her face freezing and thinking. He found it quite humorous. That was, up until she decided to do her little 'dance.' The elder frowned at such a display, raising his eyebrow at her in a taunt pull before glancing to his son to see his reaction.

West seemed interested as always, his gaze full of wonderment.

Odd.

What exactly was the girl expecting? Easthollow didn't need a performer, a fool. The more Greyback spent around the young girl the more uneasy he got with her presence. Perhaps he should turn her away..

He opened his mouth to say something, but it seemed like she had gotten the clue that he wasn't impressed. Luckily, this seemed to clear her mind and the young girl shouted something so fast he could barely make sense of it before bolting off into the tall grass.

When he turned back, he was surprised to see that Myrna had returned with something. A mouse, albeit small, but quick enough to make the Patriarch impressed. "Very interestin——West- no." he replied, looking down at the rodent and shooing away his son in attempt for him to stop. They do not take food from strangers.

Sadly his efforts were in vain as he watched the fat kid slurp up the thing. Greyback glared at him in another warning before turning his attention back to Myrna. "Impressive, even. Are you able to smell other things than mice? Bigger perhaps?" Easthollow could make use of her skill if she was able to smell the herds. In the winter they traveled quite far at times.

Yearling
7 Posts
Ooc — WAILING

Myrna wagged her tail at West, very pleased with herself for providing him with a snack. She lightly panicked when Greyback was not happy about the mouse being eaten. Her tail stopped and curled underneath her body as she backed away a couple of feet. "I guess I could find anything if I knew what it smelled like..." she timidly almost whispered, "I just have been eating a lot of mice lately so that is what I'm used to finding."

Myrna lacked the muscle to take down anything too large, and she was not fast enough to snatch a rabbit either. Mice and an occasional squirrel has been her diet for a couple weeks now. The yearling was starting to tire out already from the small meals and she sat down to passively look at Greyback.
 #5ba3bd
He was scolded, something he didn't understand. Wouldn't it just be a waste to leave the dead mouse there? A meal was a meal, he was raised to not waste it. Maybe the issue was someone else could have used it, like Leta, but there was plenty in the cache wasn't there? Maybe he could try catching a small mouse later for her.

His request for more was also ignored by the girl. Instead, she answered to his father, but he got that at least. Greyback could be scary when he was mad. It was best to listen to him. His gaze turned to the giant beside him, he sat straight with his chest protruding and a stern look. He could do that. West puffed out his own chest now adjusting to sit tall like his father. His chin raised high as he waited, wondering what he should be doing next.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette had been with her children well three of them. There was a howl but she was pretty sure Greyback would take that one on him. When he hadn't returned yet, Valette was getting curious and was glad when Arlette came past. Valette made her way to the border as Arlette stayed with the children. Mostly she was worried about Leta instead of the others.

The mother was quick to find Greyback and their son West. They were with a female. Valette puffed out her chest a bit as she approached. He was still talking to the girl it seemed. The mother greeted her son first because she knew that he would probably demand the attention anyhow and then stood next to Greyback. Even as she was standing next to him, Greyback sitting was bigger than her even though she was normal sized for a female. "Hello, I'm Valette. I'm the Matriarch here," she introduced. The female glanced at Greyback, feeling like he would explain.