Moonspear the end and the beginning of despair
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 

Hydra had noted perhaps too late the scent of Katya, though once she noted it the woman houndishly followed it. Her tail lashed in a predatory fashion behind her; Hydra would end this heat, and end it now, forcing her out of it as nature and instinct dictate that she should. Katya had not been here long enough to earn the right, nor had she a mate; all that Hydra would do this day, and the coming ones, were not personal. And if she bred with anyone in the interim upon her Mountain against her word, whatever was yielded would not be permitted; they would only have themselves to blame for it. Incensed as only an alpha female ought to be, Hydra's strides were long. Had she not said to come to her? The season made for witless wolves; she had a mind to banish all she-wolves of breeding ages were history to repeat itself again. Angry, irate thoughts driven by her past experiences; she only hoped Katya would not have betrayed her.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
fragile
57 Posts
Ooc — Hero
uh oh! :(

Hydra's unmistakable scent carried through the wind and Katya stopped what she was doing to sniff long and hard, wondering what the woman was doing at this time of the day. It was no surprise that she'd gone in heat, as she was sure many others around the pack had, and she wondered if perhaps Hydra was calling for her attendance because of this. It would, of course, make sense. It didn't take the chocolate woman long to approach, her stance immediately lowered to that of submission as she approached, "It's good to see you Hydra," she said with a voice smaller and more timid than usual. The fact that the dark woman resembled a raging bull couldn't be a good sign--had she done something wrong?
I have returned back to work full time and am also taking care of a newborn so bare with me in regard to replies. I will make it a priority to reply to threads at least within a week, if you have concerns do not hesitate to PM me and I can make our thread a higher priority. Posts are typically responded to by the weekend!
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
no uh oh!!! <3 hydra don't know a thang! also, she didnt howl <3 she's just scent trackin'!

Her nose led her straight to Katya, unsurprisingly; one would have to be entirely noseblind to miss this scent, and there were many breeding males of age upon this mountain. Was I not explicit in my request to come find me once your heat began? she drawled, voice low and thick. The heady scent had an effect even on Hydra, but she was more incensed and angry than anything else. Her lust was of an entirely different variety, but she withheld her wrath. Perhaps Katya did not know; perhaps this was the first season of her lifetime.

If you did not know... now you do, she informed slowly, keeping her own head. Hydra's tail was well over her own hindquarters as she postured, leaning forward and shifting into Katya's personal space to crowd her, as instinct bade. I will bring you out of it; this scent of yours will draw males to you, and you to them, and unwittingly you may couple with one—here, or anywhere else, she knew Katya was a scout and did like to wander... and that is something I will not permit. She scoured her mind; had Katya been at the meeting...?

Hydra's own head was clouded. Stress is what brings she-wolves out of heat. This is not personal; this is for your own good. Should you have a mate next season, things may be different so long as you speak with Dirge and myself of it... and, having provided Katya with this much information, Hydra finished with a command: for the remainder of your heat you will stick with me. Ideally, it will not be too long to prevent you from your own duties as I seek to force you out of it sooner than the time it lasts.

Drawing tightly around Katya in a semi-circle, Hydra's teeth sought to give an admonishing nip to her subordinates flank, hardly hard enough to hurt or bring blood but certainly enough to pinch and be a bother if landed; such would be their days together in the future to provoke Katya's body to the stressed point of abandoning her heat altogether.
fragile
57 Posts
Ooc — Hero
oops, sorry! I'll edit my previous post!

Almost instantly, she found herself lowering even further beneath the towering posture of Hydra. Her eyes closed as her stern voice reprimanded her, upset that Katya hadn't announced that she'd gone in heat as was explicitly demanded of her and the woman began to whine knowing that she was in trouble. She hadn't meant to cause trouble and breeding to produce pups was the last thing on her mind--although now that her heat had hit, it was perhaps the only thing on her mind.

She was warned and the larger female explained to her that she would be scared out of this heat, she wasn't quite sure what to expect during this encounter. No longer was she listening as intently to her alpha as before, instead she was shaking like a leaf as the anxiety of what would become of her clouded her head. She hadn't even considered taking up a mate yet, in fact most of the wolves she'd met thus far had been mostly in passing and that wasn't nearly enough time to create a lifetime bond but she was sure that eventually she'd find someone worth loving. 

The nip caused her to yelp, and for a moment she came out of her ball to look at her alpha who had begun to circle her. She hoped it would end soon, and what worse she would have to stick with the dark woman until her heat settled--perfect. She hoped the woman would stop even if the bite was not hard enough to even break skin, it was enough to frighten her and any desire she had of breeding if only temporarily.
I have returned back to work full time and am also taking care of a newborn so bare with me in regard to replies. I will make it a priority to reply to threads at least within a week, if you have concerns do not hesitate to PM me and I can make our thread a higher priority. Posts are typically responded to by the weekend!
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
No worriiieeeesss!!!

Hydra could see Katya meant no harm; if Katya was content to keep her company for the period, fine, though it would be easier for Hydra to cut the heat short. Maybe her indomitable presence alone might do the trick, and so Hydra only kept close with a lifted plume and erect ears, the picture of authority. Hydra did stop, not at all a woman who did not know mercy toward those she cared for. Katya, as her subordinate, was rewarded that; with a sigh, Hydra refrained from snapping at her though that was her own utmost desire as head bitch. 

Is this your first heat? She asked at length, settling instead on the idea of getting to know the woman more. She truly desired to in any case, and so she did not dread the time they would need to spend with one another in order for her to accomplish this because it meant that she would better know Katya.
fragile
57 Posts
Ooc — Hero
The shock subsided, temporarily and long enough for her to respond to Hydra's question. She wondered if it were her first heat and she shook her head in response before finally speaking. "My second." her words were small, fear seemed to spill from her lips over what the woman would do with the knowledge that she was not foreign to the stench nor the hormones of a heat. Would Hydra treat her differently if she knew that she wasn't as niave as was perceived? "I should have come to you first, it won't happen again." she promised, knowing that next year her heat would occur and the women would have to be reminded of the rules once more. It was a simple rule, one that Katya would take heed. "have you had issues with illicit breeding in the past?" she inquired, curious as to why the rule had a place at Moonspear.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Her second. Hydra withheld a growl as Katya admitted her error; Hydra's bright eyes held Katya, and she wondered if it had been intentional, her decision to avoid her when she had first fallen into it... but no. Katya did not seem the sort to wish to cause trouble, or be in trouble. You should have, Hydra agreed with a sigh, you could have been taken advantage of. Or done something you might later regret, she drawled; for breeding without her permission to do so would only cause pain for Katya in the end for something that could have been avoided entirely. 

The question was one she anticipated, but still not one she enjoyed hearing or answering; the illicit breeding was largely the reason her parents had perished in one anothers jaws, why their blood would forever stain the flank of Moonspear nearest to the Glen. Mmmm. Once. A she-wolf did not heed my mother, and lied to us all about it. She was chased away from this place while pregnant; our final kindness to her. Hydra was as ruthless as they came, though Katya did not yet know it. Tempted as she was to force Speedy to abort those children through stress, her crueler nature won out—the thought that those children might starve, and Speedy might watch, had the effect counting sheep did on many. 

It helped her sleep at night. 

But then there was the chance those children yet lived; that was the kindness she spoke of. Speedy, at the end of the day, would have Moonspear to thank for it all. Let that haunt her. Let that disrupt her own sleep. 

Even had this not have occurred, though, the famine of this past year has made me all the more inclined to be strict in this. We were fortunate all cubs survived, and in that, there was no luck about it; luck, after all, had not brought food to their mouths. She and her subordinates ensured their survival... had there been more then, the same likely could not be said.

Hydra remained with Katya, ending her heat as she wished her to—patient throughout. And once the womans heat had ended, they parted ways.