Moonspear shot caller
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra had imagined Dirge would have informed him of this, but Arcturus had perhaps been difficult to find. He went away due to the tension; as of then, Hydra could recall none, but perhaps given this was his first Spring where his own senses sang it was his own tension he referred to. Hydra sensed all that he said was true, and seemed to settle. She felt better about it, all of it, after he had spoken.

It does, I grant you that much. But do not insult her by saying so, she teased, knowing well he would not. He was an articulate, well-mannered man, her brother; a warm look came to her eye that revealed he had been forgiven. It was a misunderstanding, and she could not resent him for that now that he knew better and saw his error. But now... What you missed at the meeting was important, brother, but... I suppose it might be best for you and I to speak about it separately, in case you have any questions, she offered; he had no mother to turn to, no father either. As the head of the family, Hydra understood this was her responsibility now... and forged on after a heavy breath. This... this would be... well, she would have to do this with her own children someday, would she not? And she had helped in rearing Arcturus greatly; she knew it would need to be her. 

Oh, how she dreaded this! 

It is your first breeding season Arcturus; I am inclined to be more forgiving toward you for that reason alone. I do not know if father ever had this discussion with you, as I have had with mother... she started, to the point: heat. She-wolves come into heat during this time; the scent... how did she explain? Even the strongest man cannot resist it. It is how Speedy was able to cause our father to betray mother, she rumbled darkly. Nothing but for that scent would have ever done it, she understood. And now you are of an age where were you to act on impulse, children could come of it. 

Here she paused, waiting for him to understand. Hydra did not think that he had acted on impulse in the slightest at this point, given his honesty with her. The point of it was to explain to him in no uncertain terms the potential consequence of sowing ones seed, so to speak, in a womans fertile field.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
shot caller - by Hydra - February 01, 2020, 03:02 PM
RE: shot caller - by Arcturus - February 03, 2020, 07:22 PM
RE: shot caller - by Hydra - February 10, 2020, 10:53 AM
RE: shot caller - by Arcturus - February 21, 2020, 09:03 PM
RE: shot caller - by Hydra - February 21, 2020, 09:48 PM
RE: shot caller - by Arcturus - February 27, 2020, 02:20 PM
RE: shot caller - by Hydra - March 03, 2020, 03:10 PM
RE: shot caller - by Arcturus - March 13, 2020, 01:41 PM
RE: shot caller - by Hydra - March 13, 2020, 02:29 PM
RE: shot caller - by Arcturus - March 14, 2020, 08:21 PM