Neverwinter Forest do not let me down
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra nodded to Mal, and did not miss his words in reference to one of hers that liked him. If not for those words, spoken in so mocking a fashion (perhaps he had meant to be playful, which she considered... still it did not sit well), she might have been inclined to think some things to have been exaggerated. Mal had seemed a decent fellow enough, willing to help... This did not change that, but it certainly allowed her to see what they had that day existed. She did not dignify that with a response; Hydra had heard all about the encounter, but naturally would defend her own in that. Whatever the semantics were, what Hydra did know on that matter was this: Mal had been a man on his own then, taking residence in the Forest. He sought to claim it, but one wolf by their lonesome in a time of famine hardly seemed credible. He had himself to feed, and she had an entire pack, children—two of which he had squabbled with that day. Mal continued to be miserable about it all, which Hydra noted. 

A wolf that liked him among Moonspear? Well, no one disliked him that ever knew of him (she assumed, in any case); if they remembered him at all, it must be for his arrogance, which he touted even now. He had left a terrible aftertaste, to be sure, but he nourished. And... impossibly... he amused her. Her eyes seemed to brighten, but she said no more on the matter. What was the use? She would leave the beating of a dead horse to him. Her energies were put to far more productive things. 

His hopes were heard, and Hydra nodded agreeably, quiet still. If Mal needed help in the preparing, she imagined he or one of his might let her know so. But as he had not brought it up, Hydra would not undermine his authority neither to suggest nor ask, not wanting to bruise the ego she imagined might be there and damage the tenuous bridge they had only just truly begun to build. In his own time, in his own words, perhaps. We must prepare so that we are, she hummed, hoping to plant some sort of seed. Would his mind take to it, or would it simply hear what was said? How might I prepare my wolves?, she willed him to think! Even if only the ones that wished to fight! I thank you for your time, Mal, and your joining of this cause. If you have need for me, you know where I can be found. And likely his nose had figured out the only reason she had not come when called that one day. 

Hydra would wait to see if he had any rejoinders or inquiries before she departed his company.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
do not let me down - by Hydra - March 13, 2020, 12:52 PM
RE: do not let me down - by Mal - March 13, 2020, 11:17 PM
RE: do not let me down - by Hydra - March 15, 2020, 01:00 PM
RE: do not let me down - by Mal - March 15, 2020, 02:15 PM
RE: do not let me down - by Hydra - March 16, 2020, 10:07 AM
RE: do not let me down - by Mal - March 16, 2020, 12:57 PM
RE: do not let me down - by Hydra - March 16, 2020, 01:31 PM
RE: do not let me down - by Mal - March 16, 2020, 08:58 PM
RE: do not let me down - by Hydra - March 16, 2020, 11:18 PM
RE: do not let me down - by Mal - March 17, 2020, 12:16 AM