Sun Mote Copse Can the child within my heart rise above
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
Bronco's features sank as soon as she more or less rejected his offer. Maybe later. In other words, she for some reason wasn't massively impressed with the fact that he'd managed to bring down an elk. She didn't even ask about the hunt- and wouldn't even give him the satisfaction of devouring his gift without a moment's consideration. Crestfallen, he gazed at her, grateful that in that moment she couldn't have seen his crushing disappointment. He didn't notice the silence that fell between them, as he tried to recover from being so let down. 

He wasn't nearly as enthusiastic to talk about hunting, again, when she changed the subject. Now it was her story- being woebegone because her Dad didn't think it was a good idea for her to hunt. Normally, Bronco enjoyed the occasion to rebel (lightly) against authority and to boulster Fennec's confidence- but given the fact she'd just brushed his major accomplishment aside, he was less keen to jump in and reassure her. Nevertheless...Even with a hangdog expression on his face, he shrugged. "Well that's lame." He knew it was the answer she'd want to hear, and thinking himself a better friend for at least supporting her- even though her father had all the reason in the world to believe that allowing his blind daughter to chance her health in a deer hunt might result in an injury- he'd agree with her. "Ain't like he can stop you, though," He added, trying to cheer himself up a bit, too, by being supportive. It was too hard. 

"Listen, Fen, I'm..." He began, and trailed off. He shrugged. "I'm prolly needed back at the den. Enjoy the elk...Or don't, whenever...I'll catch you around." He trailed off dejectedly, and hastily made a retreat so that she couldn't interrogate him about his suddenly sullen tone.
Messages In This Thread
Can the child within my heart rise above - by Fennec - April 12, 2020, 05:01 PM
RE: Can the child within my heart rise above - by RIP Bronco - May 21, 2020, 04:49 PM