Cerulean Cape Ooh baby it's a long way down
I
Banned
203 Posts
Ooc — Tori
@Aiolos, @Donovan

It had been nearly a week since she had seen her pack. Doubt had begun to settle in...what if Artyom didn't care? What if he was busy? What if Surya had found another? 

The days had blended together, and Aphrodite had settled into the farce of domesticity. Memories and thoughts of her trauma had been banished to the realms of her nightmares, and as long as she was mostly compliant and didn't make herself a victim, she realized he did indeed plan to keep her around long enough to breed her. The thought of which utterly repulsed her. 
All the while she had weedled her way into his mind, playing a game that would be deadly if she lost. Hunting with him- which she was still lousy at- and fishing, even forcing herself to lay beside him at night. 
It was the fishing that had brought her here, to this beautiful peninsula, plentiful with crabs, discarded sea debris, and plenty of other things to sample the exotic taste of. 
But there was something else here. A scent. Faint, soft, but one she remembers well. The scent of a friend. A possible savior.
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
991 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
It had been quite a long time since the fire wolf had visited the Cape. Not since before he had met Ruo or Ying or any of the exotic-tongue seafaring women. He had still a dream of Sirensong, back then, and the place brought up the memories long since put to past. 

He was here now on two missons - to hunt and to see if he may find Ying's scent lingwring about. Instead he caught a quite different scent but one familiar all the same. He moved onto the cape and open into the vast open beach side. Aphrodite... He breaths out her name with a pleasant smile. She said she would come to visit, was this why she was near?
moonglow daddy
I
Banned
203 Posts
Ooc — Tori
@Donovan

A whiff of wind hit her, and the scent had grown stronger. She smiled weakly- she was saved! She thought quickly, trying to decide the easiest way to relay a message. So far Donovan had let her trail ahead, and she eagerly moved towards the scent, tears of relief in her eyes. "Aiolos!" She gasped as he came into view. "It's you! I can't...It's really you!" He smelled like a pack...and a female...and a pup? "You have a family now!" She cast a nervous glance over her shoulder. It would only be a matter of time before her captor caught up with her- and his intentions being what they were she knew he would be angry about her talking to her old friend. "Help me. Please." She whispered hurridly. "He...he captured me and has kept me captive for almost a week now. I can't get away on my own. I've tried. My pack is Whitebark Stream, I know they are looking for me. Please...find my family...tell them what happened." Her voice quivers and she looks at him, the terror and pain obvious in her eyes.
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
991 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
Tears welled in her eyes, he thought for a moment perhaps of sadness, but when she went on, happy to see him and speaking of a possible family he thought perhaps the tears were of happiness. She had been a woman of vast moods, turning and dipping and swinging and he was best to remember it. He padded over in a trot towards her, happy himself to see her none the less despite their very rocky and wild former encounter. 

As he neared, Aiolos was ready to confirm her assumptions, wondering what she might take of it. Before she wanted to lead a pack with him, to be a Queen to her King. Back then Aiolos could have never imagined playing the role of father much less Leader and here he was now...still, how would Hua take to him having this child with her little cousin?  

His thoughts however, were whisked away as Aphrodite quickly whispered - her kidnapping, her struggle to break free, the pack which would be looking for her, seeking help. Help. Who was Aiolos if not a man to help a lady in need? Wha kind of guardian would he be if not? What kind of scout if not to relay the message? Junshi would have willed it, Ying would have... 

He nods silently, allowing her to understand he would do as asked. Then of course he changes the subject to bot show any signs of rift. I live in Yuelong. He spoke, pulling Aphrodite into chit-chat conversation. And yes, I have recently been blessed by the Gods  with a pup - a son. Still a shock to him, of course. He wasnt any Leader but he was still overjoyed and overwhelmed with what he had accomplished- a pup, a boy, bot sacrificed to Mother Sea, a leading position as Head Scout, a.... girlfriend? Lover? He still had not quite figured that part out. Labels did not seem becoming for @Ruò and the relationship they shared.
moonglow daddy
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Donovan has been looking for the little female that he’s been entertaining himself with the past week. He knows he shouldn’t trust her, and he doesn’t, but out of carelessness he allows her to roam, as long as they’re not near any immediate sources of water. So, he casually follows her trail. It goes this way and that way, overall not too far, and finally he settles, knowing the scent is strong enough he should be able to see her now.

See her he does, her feminine outline presents herself to him and her agouti patterned back is facing him, then on the she-wolf’s front another wolf. One too of faded agouti and honeyed browns. Rather large as well. They seem like old friends speaking to each other, the other with a smile on his face. He stays a comfortable distance away, shielding himself under one of few scattered trees throughout the plains they find themselves on. The males golden eyes watch them, he knows exactly what she’s doing. Calling for help because she is too weak to escape from him herself.

Contemplating it for a moment, he decides of the brown wolf we’re to take her, he wouldn’t stop them. He’s come to terms with what he’s done by now and he almost doesn’t want her to be around him any longer, but for some reason he can’t find it in himself to let her go without being forced to just yet.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
It was time for Huā to stretch her legs. Time to go beyond the isle for the first time in almost a month. She had left the kids with the babysitter @Daiyu , who was getting quite good at her job- informing her of Haoming's new tendency to try to escape the den. She knew they might be getting to be a handful, and so she told herself that as soon as they could speak she would be teaching them the right way of behavior.

She set out across the land bridge, initially hoping to head towards Sea Lion Shores for a quick run patrol- but a red smudge towards the Cape caught her attention instead, and she made her way over. The longer she journeyed, the more accustomed her dark legs became to the feeling she had missed so much. Temporarily, her mind was able to float away from her children for the first time since their birth, though they remained in her heart. Perhaps it was because she trusted the babysitter- she knew the girl would dote on the children as she did, quiet enough not to disturb them as they slept.

Once she was close enough, she recognized her lead scout, Aiolos, accompanied by some unknown woman and a mammoth beast nearby. This ought not to be another new secret army, she thought to herself with gaze narrowing, but things did not seem that way... the beast stood out as separate from the others, who spoke in hushed voices to eachother. Huā approached them all with a chuff, sharpened gaze immediately coming to Aiolos despite the others there. Aiolos, greetings. Who is this people?
I
Banned
203 Posts
Ooc — Tori
She sets her face, blinking to dry back the tears. His nod makes her breath a gasp of relief. She was safe. Well, almost. But someone was coming for her. She would be rid of him soon, of his wretched memory, of the daily reminder of her trauma. Every day he had been more irritated with her since she had rejected him at the river. 
Aiolos speaks, continuing the facade of normalcy and she smiles. 
"A son! Oh I wish I could meet him someday. Unfortunately nothing came of our coupling...I thought I might but it was a...the healer called it a hysterical pregnancy." Shes somewhat ashamed of the thought. "I thought you said you would never take a mate?" 
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
991 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
You could, if you'd like. He spoke at the mention of meeting his son. He hoped, at least when the pup was older, Ruo would find that okay. She mentioned nothing becoming of their own time together and he was secretly thankful of it. After all, it would mean deciding between staying here and being loyal to his pack or leaving to be a good father. There was a chuckle then, almost nervous sounding even. Oh, I dont know that I have. At least, she hasn't yet claimed me as such. It would take but a moment, his eyes shifting from Aphrodite and out behind her, to realize then they were being watched. 

He was, well, a very big wolf. Even as he kept himself at a distance Aiolos was aware of the fact that his own lean build did bit quite compare to the mass of Donovan Azura. Still, his legs stiffened, his rusty and russet furs along his spine beginning to rise. He was wanting to fight him, to challenge him with enough intention to get Aphrodite enough time to run - run to Yuelong, inform the others! 

But suddenly, as though smacked into his senses, Aiolos could see the tell-tale markings of Hua making her way down the beach and into their direction, moving upon the cape towards them. The fiery wolf relaxed, choking down the knot which had been forming in his throat. Aiolos did not know if he would win the fight against the other male and the chance that Hua may he hurt in the process, or stolen away in Aphrodite's place, caused Aiolos to halt any physical action he may have thought of. Nothing was worth the risk of his Empress. 

Hua, he spoke, a smile pasted onto his lips. This is Aphrodite, of Whitebark Stream. We were just catching up as time and distance kept us from one another for some time. But unfortunately she says she should be heading back. The lie slipped so easily from his mouth, words calm and unshaken. Of course, most of it really was true savor that last bit.
moonglow daddy
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Still lingering in the shadows, he waits for Aphrodite to notice him. Knowing she’ll probably go into a hysterics around these others he does not know, he welcomes the idea of losing her. Knowing that if the honey furred wolf and now the white one decided to pick a fight, he’d rather not get tangled up into two on one battle against the odds. He doesn’t even know the chances of the smaller agouti female jumping in as well, so he doesn’t feel like taking his chances.

Therefore he stays in place, canary eyes watching her intently; statue like in appearance, gaze cold on her back. He’ll wait then.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Aiolos greeted her in a sense that could only be described as... awkward. His smile seemed forced, but she rolled with it, not bothering to question such things. Instead she listened as he spoke of the girl, and some faraway pack she had not heard of. Her ears twitched boredly, finding little of interest. What caught her attention instead was the male just beyond them. His gaze was locked on the pretty woman, almost creepy, and she frowned slightly, gaze shifting to him without a word to Aiolos. And you, big man? Who are you? She called out to him, chin tilted upward with some royal pride. Huā had to make sure this was no secret meeting, and that her lead scout would not weave lies to hide such things. Aye, the mermaid was quite paranoid.
I
Banned
203 Posts
Ooc — Tori
She smiled weakly as Aiolos introduced her, and then cringed inward as the shewolf hailed her captor. Her ears pinned and there was an anxious look directed at the shewolf, a hastily mouthed please don't, you don't understand. But it was too late. She knew Donovan loved any excuse to embarrass or torment her, and so she resigned herself quietly, waiting for his actions.
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
991 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
And there Hua went, ready to bust the bubble on this entire show. If Aiolos had known Donovan would have rather let Aphrodite leave then fight for her, he would have, though Aiolos only thought of the risks that would be open should the larger man decide Hua was a much better prize to have. 

Ears perking at Aphrodite desdesperately tried to get Hua's attention, Aiolos red jaw muscles tightened as he awaited what the stranger in the distance might say. Already however, Aiolos was beginning to take the steps that would lead he and his Empress out of harm's way.
moonglow daddy
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Donovan continues so eye them down, until the female with a cream white pelt and a darker face references him directly. His face contorts into one fit for someone who’s confused and slightly irritated. Yet, he decides to walk closer slapping a fake smile on his maw, he drips with confidence as he saunters towards the group. Tall, bulky form coming to stand beside Aphrodite, he gazes down to the female who beckons him.

“Good day, ma’am.” He turns to Aiolos and nods curtly. “Sir.” He hums, handsome face putting on the charm enough to not seem too suspicious. Yet he knows the two agouti wolves see right through it. Appearances and first impressions matter no?

He continues. “I’m Donovan. You are?” He asks politely to the other female.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Both Aiolos and his friend shoot Huā a look that has her gazing back expectantly- what was wrong? They seemed to cringe at her question towards the man, who simply introduced himself as Donovan. He seemed pleasant enough, but the whole situation stunk of bad vibes- and she saw no justification in questioning Aiolos. She trusted the head scout, and so figured there was a danger in telling this man the truth- I am Nüwa. I, ah- sorry for interrupt. She hummed with a dip of her head, and exited back to the isle- unaware that she was abandoning a kidnapper and his captive right there.