Moonspear “Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there someday.” —Winnie the Pooh
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The call came, and Hydra's long-legged strides took her to them. This trip, she was not alone; the mother was flanked by her cubs, @Caelum and @Altair to her left and right. And while she had threatened her daughters with keeping them at the rendezvous with their father for their actions some time ago, she knew all along she would take them with her to meet their family. She had told them, in passing, of their aunt Towhee and their newest cousin, Meerkat. 

Towhee is family, born away from Moonspear. It is why she does not live here, nor has she ever... she explained, far more pleasant than her explanation of their gullible uncle, Arcturus, who was, as Hydra once articulated, perhaps before they could even firmly understand it, "as simple as your other uncle, Revui..." though the truth of it was that neither of them were much talked about yet, as there was nothing she truly desired to say on the topic of them quite yet. They were too young to have a full understanding of the semantics of all of these things quite yet, but that time would come. 

Meerkat is her daughter, and your other cousin. We had a visit scheduled for the crag, all together... though for your actions, she looked to her daughters, I am considering delaying that. Her tail lashed behind her on that note. That she likely would do; she did not know if she could trust them to know when to go any place by themselves if she took them there since they seemed to think that it was safe and well to do so now without so much of a word to her, Dirge, or their sitters. Her first litter had deceived her in how easy and well behaved they had been. Though this had only been one thing, Hydra wondered how to best prevent it from multiplying. She traveled with @Alya who was there to keep an extra set of eyes on the four of the cubs, but who kept her distance in the interim. Her sister had gotten... fluffier as of late, and did not want any others seeing so for themselves. 

Before long, they arrived to the borders; this took some time, as they did not move as efficiently as she did upon the mountain terrain. But she wanted them to get used to it, since the following week she intended on them joining in on witnessing a hunt. And then she would choose to trust them enough again to return to at least the rendezvous alone. If they disappointed her further, she would have to consider what next was the best course of action. 

Her trust in the intelligence of her children had been broken, but she blamed herself for that more than them. They were only children after all. And she would teach them to be smarter; now was the time things were grasped and understood, she was gathering. 

Arriving to the borders in neat enough order, Hydra chuffed to Towhee. I did not expect to meet you again so soon. I hope you do not mind, I brought company, she drawled, and introduced them (gesturing to each as she said their name), meet Mira, Mintaka, Altair, and Caelum. Children, this is your aunt and cousin... Towhee, and Meerkat. Hydra looked to her children and drawled, This is family, and so this sort of exchange is not truly the norm at our borders. Still, you must always exercise some caution at the borders, she explained, but that is not a lesson for today, she hummed, passing the invisible threshold to sniff again at her Firebird brethrens furs, encouraging with a chuff her cubs to do as she did if they so wished.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal