Moonspear Every road to recovery starts at the breakdown
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra looked to Yama, who answered her questions, and then to Kukutux. 

The hotness would kill him. Why hadn't it already? Why would he not simply die, and make this easier for her? Why must she make this choice? 

She sucked in a breath. I do not want him to heal here, Kukutux. I do not know what trouble he got himself into this time, and I do not want him near my children. Nor your own, though as to that... well, it is your choice. I do not know what sort of danger follows him; I only know my brother has no foresight or forethought. Hydra imagined what she might have done were this Arcturus. She rationalized with, I would make the same decision. Likely not, though—she had healed Revui once, without the name of Moonspear upon him. Did she not owe her brother the same chance, once? 

He had his chance to return to us. Bloody, beaten. He was healed—he left again. If you heal him, Kukutux, she drawled, that is your decision. Revui owes too many life debts to this place and to me already, and for our help has only ever caused us heartache; I know he will never fulfill them. So, if you wish to, you may. Not here. Away, she drawled, ears pricked. Hydra was sure her brother was not Moonspearian now, the way he returned to her, beaten again. 

No. Only when he came here proud, strong, head bowed, loyal to her for his heart and not for his moral or bodily injuries... then she would know he meant it. But this? This was too much. And Hydra had no more kindness left in her heart for her brother. 

The Glen will do, I suppose, her eyes turned to look upon her brother, and she took several steps closer to his fever-laden body. In her heart, she did not want him to die—it was perhaps why she allowed Kukutux a choice at all.

Advancing to them, Hydra lowered her head and spoke words against his fever-flushed ears. The words said would be heard, and were for (and by) none but her brother, I wonder if your final disappointment to me will be dying in this way, she murmured, faint but voice as clear as a bell, I cannot imagine this to be your final fight. Still, if it is, she drawled, you are the last fool I will ever let my heart love. And at least he would know it. 

Stepping away, Hydra drifted toward Kukutux and murmured to her, I am sure the Wilderness has ample herbs to spare, with the influx of water, her ears pricked. Some might have drowned away; some might be floating. Hydra only cared that those be used as opposed to what was for Moonspear. Use what you find out there, if it can be helped. If any of ours return home from protecting our own and need infection to be fought, they are priority. The matriarch was sure if any were capable of staving infection and immediate death with what they could find, it was the woman of prayer and herbal wisdom. But on that note, Hydra was done with it. Dirge, Bronco—could you assist Kukutux in moving him to the Glen? She breathed, licking her chops.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
RE: Every road to recovery starts at the breakdown - by Yama - September 08, 2020, 01:31 AM
RE: Every road to recovery starts at the breakdown - by Hydra - September 10, 2020, 09:28 PM
RE: Every road to recovery starts at the breakdown - by Dirge - September 11, 2020, 01:34 PM