The Sentinels I'm afraid to sleep because of what haunts me
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
Like a child lulled into a bedtime story, Bronco fell quiet as he listened, touched and pleased that Wraen would share with him some stories about her parents, siblings and upbringing. He found himself wondering at first why he hadn't asked her about herself more- thugh he considered that potentially, he'd always made himself too busy asking her questions to help him get through his existential crises. 

It made him happy to hear she had a happy childhood, and good parents. She had grown up with wolves that she looked up to, with siblings who had tried very hard to be their best. Wraen, in her own way, simply seemed to find a path that suited her more- existing as she did now, a soft and comforting presence rather than one who aspired to be a guardian or lead hunter or alpha. He felt himself wondering if maybe he was more like her brother and sister, who had put so much time and effort into doing something in an attempt to please their parents...And he felt himself wondering if perhaps he wasn't pursuing trades in such a way that he might finally impress his mother. He also wondered if perhaps this was Wraen's way of telling him that he ought to do what made him feel best though in the end...He didn't feel as though he regretted the choices he'd made. 

"And you're happy now too, right?" He asked, looking up at her. "I mean...I'm sure if your parents knew how much you've helped me, they'd have to be proud. I can't even talk to my Mom the ay I talk to you. That's sayin' something, right?"
Messages In This Thread
I'm afraid to sleep because of what haunts me - by RIP Bronco - September 26, 2020, 12:35 PM
RE: I'm afraid to sleep because of what haunts me - by Wraen - September 26, 2020, 12:51 PM
RE: I'm afraid to sleep because of what haunts me - by Wraen - September 27, 2020, 01:27 PM
RE: I'm afraid to sleep because of what haunts me - by Wraen - September 28, 2020, 04:25 PM
RE: I'm afraid to sleep because of what haunts me - by RIP Bronco - October 18, 2020, 11:41 AM
RE: I'm afraid to sleep because of what haunts me - by Wraen - November 01, 2020, 10:14 AM
RE: I'm afraid to sleep because of what haunts me - by Wraen - November 01, 2020, 12:33 PM