Moonspear Like the sea, I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
EVentually, he would set his chin down upon the stone, and watch with large, curious eyes as Kukutux removed the innards of the fox, opening it up so that it was clean and empty. She hummed, and Bronco tilted his head from side to side with the natural lilt of her voice that accompanied the gestures of her movements. He'd never seen anything done so artfully, and given the fact that he'd been sung monotone lullabies by a tone-deaf mother as a child, hearing someone hum an actual melody was absolutely enchanting. 

He didn't realize just how far he'd sunk to the ground until he was spoken to, and he sat up, looking down and into the fox pelt, to where its body cavity was now cleaned out, empty. He looked up at the sun, and felt lucky that he'd chosen to bring this to Kukutux in the morning. It would have all day to dry, now. He followed her as she found a spot where the shadows of morning and evening would not reach it so that it would get as many daytime hours as possible, drying out. He sniffed it, admiring how cleanly she had severed into the pelt without leaving jagged toothmarks, before he reached out to amicably nudge the corner of her jaw in thanks, licking away a small spot of blood as he did so. 

She asked about Fennec, and he smiled softly, sitting down as he mused wryly how difficult it would be to explain exactly what Fennec was like. "Well, her name's Fennec, but I usually just call her Fen. She's my step-dad's daughter, so I've known her like...All my life." He said. For some reason, it felt wrong to even call her his step-sister; probably because he didn't see her as a sister at all. "She's super tough, and has a pretty dry sense of humour, but she's all good on the inside," He said, smiling the whole time.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Like the sea, I'm constantly changing from calm to ill - by RIP Bronco - October 26, 2020, 06:55 PM