Honeyed Pasture Meet me at the sunrise
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
All Welcome 
While on way back from a longer trek along the shores, the tiredness had caught up with Wraen. Suddenly she did not feel like she was able to make all the way to the safe place, therefore she had made a little detour in a territory nearby and made a comfortable nest in the tall grass. The last thing she heard, before she gave in to the Hypnos's spell, was the flapping of wings, when her crow friend landed nearby. 

In the land of dreams, where everything is possible, she made a connection with the little crow. They did not exchange words, but seemed to understand each other perfectly. He invited her to join him in a flight and, when Wraen replied that she did not have wings, her crow insisted for her to look again. All of a sudden she was no longer an earthbound wolf, but was one with the bird, looked through his eyes, as he soared in the air, above the treetops, higher and higher.

It was a magnificent feeling - that sense of freedom - and, when she awoke with a start, the moment of elation gave way to a sigh of disappointment. Having never envied another living creature for, what they were, before, Wraen now yearned to join the winged bretheren to the point it ached.
153 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
A stray red leaf drifted down, grazing the wolf’s ear as he ambled slowly. A twitch was given, his golden eyes narrowing up at the offending tree before ushering a gentle snort. Autumn was usually a time he enjoyed, but for now, he simply found himself in some form of permanent funk.

His thoughts were darkened by the dread of abandonment—the same issues he held since the moment he had fled the Marauders. What had happened to them? His family? Usually, he refused to dwell on it, for the guilt would eat away at him… always wondering if the death of the boy by his teeth and wrought the death of his mother in returned vengeance.

A scowl clouded his narrow features. His muzzle swinging away to stare glumly before him, when he noted the grey she-wolf startling awake before him. He stiffened, unaware of her presence only until now, and then he stared as recognition swept through him—“Wraen?”
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Wraen was not allowed to dwell on dreams for too long. Someone called her name, she turned, she looked and it took her a moment to recognize the face. Pippin. Towhee's friend. An Ex now. First thing that came to her mind was Meerkat and all the paternity conflict she had caused in the Firebirds, second - her Regent won't be happy about this. Third - this no longer concerns you.

She laughed at her own train of thought, got to her feet, stretched and went to greet the guy. "It's been a while, dear comrade," she told him, tail wagging, lips smiling, eyes alight with warm glow. "How has life treated you?" she asked, noting that, though Pippin seemed to be faring well physically, he was not exactly happy-go-lucky, no-care-in-the-world person.
153 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
The airy voice greeted him—causing his brows to lift as her gentle demeanour unfolded before him, wiping any doubt he held that she was here rather than in the Copse. Naturally, Pippin remained suspicious for only a moment, though forced himself to visibly relax.

If he could ever be honest with himself, he would realize perhaps just how damaged his psyche and trust for others was.

“Life is… Continuous,” he finalized, a smirk quirking at his tainted muzzle. “And so I consider it just fine, then.” He paused. “And you?”
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Continuous, you say?" Wraen asked, liking the sound of it. Smart way of telling that you could never predict anything. "May I add - ever-changing too?" she suggested. 

"As you see I no longer run with the Firebirds. My time had come there to an end and I saw it fit to leave, while I was in my prime," she explained, without getting in any details. It was complicated to begin with and going over the whole history of her and Hydra and why one did not like the other did not seem worth it.

"I am on the road with my sister and Arcturus - we are staying at the Sentinels for the time being and then we plan to move on elsewhere. Free and careless," she smiled. "So, what has continuousity brought to your life?"

They chatted for a while and left on mutually good terms.

I will wrap this up, since it has got old.