Firefly Glen And if I only could, I'd [m]ake a deal with God, and I'd get him to swap our places
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Read Only 

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: some gore ?  @Antares might be with her at this time; anyone who hears howl can respond, but one round from dra <3 directly after Massacre

From afar, she had seen the eagle flying o'er the trees of the Glen. Hydra was thankful for the close proximity between their packs, but her muscles were not immune to the ache of a long days traveling. Keres had said something to her as she had left; she had heard it, but had not listened to it, not yet. Not really. There was still work to do. Too much to be done. How did Azōn fare? The rest of the Glen? Had Meerkat made it safely home? 

Bearblood. The tracker followed after it, a hound on a scent, driven and intent to find its source. So intent that when she came across four limp bodies, Hydra could near not be distracted—

Were it not for one scent in particular, Hydra might not have been. She stopped in her tracks, abrupt. 

No. 

No

Nononono—

Hydra turned and moved to him in bounds, the snow no obstacle to her then as she sprawled over him, sniffing and snuffling and nosing and seeking to rouse him to life. My baby, licking his face as though this would stir him to wakefulness, nosing and nudging again more insistently. Cruel though it might be, she pushed Leta away to give herself more room. The bear could take the whole Valley if he wanted, but her family, her son, her baby—no, no, no

She could not breathe as she stood, looking to him. If one did not heed the injuries there, one might imagine he were sleeping peacefully. 

Peacefully. She did not know the meaning of the word. And she would know no peace until this bear was dead. Hydra lowered her muzzle, murmured to an ear that would not hear and could not listen: I will come back for you, in a quiet breath to @RIP Osiris

She could not feel. Could not rest. Could do nothing until the thing who had done this had paid the final consequence. And it would pay. Hydra lifted her head and called to all that could hear it to arms: it was time for a hunt. Hydra looked for her @Eagle nearby, and wondered if with him she could simply finish it for the sake of the rest. The bear had lost more than enough blood. But, well, the Glen and the Spear could rip its corpse to shreds, mince the meat of it. 

Hydra ignored the ache of her muscles, ignored her fatigue, as she pressed onward.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal