Noctisardor Bypass i fell into my fear, and took a lie for a truth
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
mahler did not mean to make laurel apologetic, but she delved ahead into her story: children taken from their father, raised with her sister. mahler heard the was and did not ask after where laurel's sibling had gone, for from the sound of it she no longer walked this earth. 
a softer part of him wished to reach to her, to assuage any pain that recanting this might have begun. but laurel and mahler did not know each other well enough, and she had shown him the tense fear beyond her soft words.
"such figures only show themselves rarely," he commented. "there vas vonce a man i called brother here, in these vilds. he died. he is buried in the mountains and i have never loved anyvone with such trust as i did him."
the interlude had become poignant. the graf cleared his throat, pointed out a bluebird that had alighted in a pine nearby.
"beautiful music those vones bring. it comforts the soul, to listen and to watch spring come every year, despite all that might have gone on before."
[Image: 2711649b07fc604164cb120b1b417fa3cf47bccc_00.gif]
Messages In This Thread
RE: i fell into my fear, and took a lie for a truth - by Mahler - March 11, 2021, 11:18 AM