Redhawk Caldera I'll always keep you with me
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
Bronco wasn't surprised to be ushered swiftly from the den when Fennec went into labour, but his own anticipation and anxiety would take him no further than the threshold which he blocked with his body. One ear was turned back so he could listen in case Fennec cried out, and there were a number of moments when he wondered if he should call for help...Sometimes, it was almost too quiet. Sometimes, he heard the strained sound of her voice- and it unsettled him. But he reminded himself that birth was a natural process- and that Fennec was a medic. Things would be alright, he told himself. 

It'd begun to rain, just a pleasant warm drizzle, by the time he heard her breathing change, and with the soft, mewling sounds of breath and suckling, he could tell that a puppy had been born. He remained where he was, but after some time he shifted, turning slightly and laying down so that he was partially inside the entrance of the den, his shoulder and hip turned to the rain. He couldn't see Fennec, stowed away in the darkness out of sight, but he could hear her breathing, and he could swear that he heard something else too. 

Still, he didn't barge back in. He waited, until he could be patient no longer- and uttered a soft, questioning whine. His tail thumped eagerly against the ground behind him, hoping she might have some good news for him.
Messages In This Thread
I'll always keep you with me - by Fennec - June 04, 2021, 12:19 PM
RE: I'll always keep you with me - by Killdeer - June 04, 2021, 12:56 PM
RE: I'll always keep you with me - by RIP Bronco - June 05, 2021, 06:31 PM
RE: I'll always keep you with me - by Towhee - June 05, 2021, 06:42 PM
RE: I'll always keep you with me - by Fennec - June 05, 2021, 07:02 PM
RE: I'll always keep you with me - by RIP Bronco - June 06, 2021, 01:55 PM
RE: I'll always keep you with me - by Towhee - June 06, 2021, 07:19 PM
RE: I'll always keep you with me - by Fennec - June 06, 2021, 07:47 PM