Lion Head Mesa manzanita
Loner
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
I hope that you are right, Crowfeather breathed in response.

The dark figure glanced down to their game, forgotten on the ground. He shifted worriedly, trying to muster up a small smile for the girl. She had tried to teach him her game and he had gotten lost talking about Germanicus… what fine company. It was no shock that he didn’t have many visitors, he realized then.

I’m- I’m sorry. Your game. I didn’t mean to stop playing.

Crowfeather plucked another stone and placed it in the line. He did not want to lose another companion. He did not want to be alone again.
Qeya River
Vice*
836 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ambassador

"it is all right." belen watched crowfeather pluck a stone and wet her lips with a nervous touch. she moved her own into place a moment after, but the prince had reached the end of his board spaces. "you win," the girl exulted softly, her glassblue eyes straying back toward his face. he was very handsome and very tormented. belen thought surely she might be able to bring him some cheer. but unlike the pharaoh and akhtar, and even kasmut, crowfeather showed no interest in her beauty. "maybe we should play something else?"
Loner
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Belen placed her stone and then breathed out, claiming that Crowfeather had won the game. The dark figure glanced down to their row of pebbles. He was not sure how he had come out victorious, but it was nice to have shared that moment with someone who did not seem to want something from him. The seer offered her a small laugh.

Okay! We can play anything else.

Crowfeather was eager to hold his company, not wanting to be left alone. He would have played anything with the Fellahin, if it meant that he would have someone there. Her words were soft, and she had remarkable light in her eyes. Perhaps, Belen could be a friend…
Qeya River
Vice*
836 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ambassador

can fade or keep going, up to you!

belen grinned. she gathered the stones into a small pile and looked mischievously at the prince. "close your eyes. when you open them, i will have you guess which paw is covering a rock. then it will be my turn to guess. whoever is correct three times will be the winner." she laughed, waiting for him to indulge her. perhaps it was better this way. they would get to know one another.
Loner
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Belen had a new game for them to play. Crowfeather watched her prepare it, explaining that he would need to close both of his eyes. It seemed it was a game of guessing and luck. The shadow was not certain he would be good at it, but that would not keep him from trying.

Okay, the young man said with a small nod. He closed his eyes, fighting the urge to peek at her through one of them.

Maybe a couple more >w< and I can make us a brand new one!
Qeya River
Vice*
836 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ambassador

yes! <3

belen laughed lightly. she pretended not to notice crowfeather if he did open his eyes before it was time. the girl quickly rolled a stone beneath her left paw, making a grand show of noise as she slid both feet rhythmically against the ground. "now open," came her delighted voice, glassblue eyes fixed upon his face as she waited to see how he would respond. she wanted to see him smile again.
Loner
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Shuffling noises splayed his ears before Belen stated that it was alright to open his eyes and make a guess. Crowfeather peeked and then drew his gaze to where her paws were. Just by looking at them, he could not tell where the hidden piece was. He though to lean into her, to sniff, but he didn’t think that would help him much – besides, he did not want to ruin her game.

Hmm… this one, Crowfeather spoke softly, stretching his neck forward to gesture at her left paw. The honey color of his eyes shifted back up to her face, waiting to see if he had been right.
Qeya River
Vice*
836 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ambassador

belen watched with bright eyes as crowfeather looked at her paws then upon her once more. "the gods have favored you, principe!" the girl exulted with delight, and theatrically lifted her foot to reveal the small stone which she rolled toward his own grasp. "two games in a row you have won." belen pretended to sulk. there was more to say but then sayyadina was between them, telling belen that she was wanted in the queen's apartments, and carrying a message that invited crowfeather to dine with the pharaoh. but both of them knew it was a command. "i will come back sometime," she told him, straightening. "i will think of a better game. one that is harder." she grinned and bowed her head, waiting to be dismissed.
Loner
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
There was the hidden stone. The dark figure smiled softly at Belen – an expression that did not reach his eyes. Crowfeather had never won the games he’d played with the pups from his home. When his eyes found her sulking expression, he worried.

One of the other Fellahin entered and requested that Crowfeather dine with the Pharaoh. He knew that he could not decline, though he would have rather spent his time playing games in his quarters with Belen. The girl who had kept him company moved to leave, saying that she would return again.

Y- Yes, please. Please do not leave for good.