Ouroboros Spine Honesty is the best policy
92 Posts
Ooc — The System
Private 
Private for Kigi/Sakhmet, other tag for reference.

It had been a week since his coupling with @Keyni, and while it was still too soon to know whether or not she was pregnant, Cerne still wanted to bring it up with @Kigipigak and @Sakhmet now. There was no point in waiting, and likely doing so would only harm him. He found them together, and he dipped his head to them, greeting them quietly.

"Sakhmet. Kigipigak. Will you walk with me? I have... something I need to discuss." He would take them out of the village, and out of the earshot of any nosy wolves.
Physical Health (100/100)

Cerne is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Cerne is mentally well.
Napatuqvik
Sangilak

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,200 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
Kigipigak had taken the boys for a run along the outskirts of the village. He hoped to work some of their energy away and give them an appreciation for the terrain, but also to keep the village protected. It was a time of many lessons for both Kivaluk and Akkuma.

When he had returned, he sought out his wife. They spent a private time together, alone, working off more of Kigipigak's energy; but after they lay draped across one-another garishly, until Cerne came upon them. Kigipigak was not one for public displays — he felt a sudden bashfulness as he adjusted himself to be more proper in the company of a subordinate.

His shoulders tensed as he sat up properly, listening. Cerne had something to say to them — the way he phrased it was ominous. Kigipigak looked to Sakhmet and then with a sigh, reached to press his cold nose upon her warm cheek, murmuring something to her as he gets to his feet.

She is resting, he remarks as he joins Cerne. We can walk and talk.

A nod towards the worn dirt path some distance off, and followed soon after. He waited for Cerne to speak.
511 Posts
Ooc — siv
i think only post from me (at least for now) so they can have a lil man-to-man about this <3

Under the evergreen of the spine, she had bloomed. Love and delight, washed in the warmth of both her husband and the filtered sunlight. She would not forget these weeks in Moonglow and all they had done for her. Her family, too.

She had spent the wake of their time together cradled along the chest of Kigipigak and felt some disdain for the sudden removal of his closeness. Was he already needed so soon? She might have sent whoever it was off if not for the looming arrival of the wolf and their words.

Longingly she would look as the two men walked off. She trusted her Sangilak to handle the conversation.

She would only intervene if absolutely necessary, which she hardly imagined to be a scenario as of now. Her eyes grew heavy and she remained in the pine needle bed, drifting off.
92 Posts
Ooc — The System
Cerne did not appreciate that Sakhmet was not coming with the two men — this concerned her as much, no, perhaps more, than it did Kigipigak. He recalled their first meeting, and the promises that had been made — promises that had not been kept.

Cerne had never received a gift from Sakhmet. He had thus not begun training her. Clearly, it was not something she thought worthwhile after all.

Instead of walking off with Kigipigak, Cerne stayed firmly planted where he was. He decided to get it all of his chest now. Cerne took a deep breath, then loosed it slowly. "I am afraid I require both of your attention for this."

"I think the time has come for me to leave Natigvik." He had requested a month, to make up his mind, but it had clearly proven more difficult than that. "A woman of Winterglade might be carrying my children. I wish to do right by her." Of course there was more to it than that, but he did not feel a reason to voice his other issues at the present moment.

Cerne is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Cerne is mentally well.
Napatuqvik
Sangilak

1,200 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
When the man made the bold assertion that Sakhmet be present, Kigipigak paused and looked to her; no man should order an Issumatar less of all, a subordinate to their matriarch. Kigipigak bristled but said nothing. They would be a united front regardless.

Then Cerne went on to say he would be departing Natigvik, and that he would be a father because of this passed spring; it was enough to set Kigipigak fully against him.

From the start Kigipigak did not find this man trustworthy - a good hunter, but a soothsayer too, and someone he could not understand on a fundamental level. To learn that Cerne had bedded someone without permission from either of his leaders was a slap in the face. It showed Cerne for who he truly was: disloyal, untrustworthy; aspects Kigipigak would be glad to be rid of.

But without the extra body, could Natigvik survive? Kigipigak was angry with the news and angrier still, feeling that his children were now at greater risk with only the three remaining adults. They had grown but not enough.

Who was it? Who is this wife you intend to leave us for? The edge to Kigipigak's voice was hard to ignore.
511 Posts
Ooc — siv
Sakhmet sat upright, brows pinched tightly together.

She felt a well of something ugly in her. Unbecoming. She had taken a chance on this...man. This soothsayer. Opened her door to him and had soothed the suspicions of her husband so that he could stay. Now he had gone and bedded a woman.

A woman of Winterglade, nonetheless.

The disrespect rippled feverishly through her with prickled hackles as she stood now. Not nearly as tall and imposing as her husband, but the harshness brought a rigid stance to her all the same. For now she stared deeply and harshly at Cerne, feeling like he was nothing more than a stranger now.
92 Posts
Ooc — The System
"I will not name her." Cerne's tone became colder, sharper. He saw and heard their anger, but he would not let it rile him. He was above that. "And I am free to make my own choices." He looked away from Kigipigak, having nothing more to say to him. He instead gazed at Sakhmet, a glimmer of something in his burnished gold eyes.

"You may keep the amulet I made you. I hope it will allow you to truly See as I do." He sighed quietly, then warned her, "I suggest that you not disrespect another's culture again. I do not see it going well for you, next time." A sharp, hard look to Kigipigak. "The same goes for you." Then, a small smirk. "Perhaps for you, even more so."

He then looked to them both. "Farewell." And he turned to leave them.

exit Cerne unless stopped!

Cerne is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Cerne is mentally well.
Napatuqvik
Sangilak

1,200 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
Kigipigak would not be disrespected. He would not let Cerne leave so soon with the last word, and followed him only to step in to his path.

Disrespect? We are the ones being disrespected. Kigipigak had always been good at speaking his mind, and now it was reeling from the news as well as the refusal for detail. We welcomed you among us. You journeyed this far to meet our family, and now you say somehow Natigvik has wronged you. I wish to know more.

If he would not speak about Winterglade, fine. Kigipigak could find out easily enough after their departure from Moonglow; no doubt his kin in the forest would want words. If you wanted a wife then you could certainly choose that, but you break our traditions - not just of Natigvik, but Moonglow and those of the forest people.

He looked at Sakhmet, seeing the emotion within her also, and wondered if it was worth the breath to speak all of this aloud. They would be more careful in the future with whom they let in - the two of them.

What disrespect was given to you? If Cerne would not speak of it, how could they find a solution? Kigipigak wanted to try for the sake of his sons, as he did not want to lose an able body. If the seer was set in his decision there would be no stopping him and Kigipigak would step aside.
511 Posts
Ooc — siv
Hot, ravishing fires burned up her insides.

How on earth had she ever disrespected him? His culture? She had spoken on behalf of him for a place in her own home, brought him with to her extended family and trusted him to respect Moonglow. To find those who followed a path closer to his within here.

She found Kigipigak had a kindness and patience far greater than her own right now.

Her features sharpened and hardened. Chin raised with some great need to embolden herself in this small frame she had been cursed with.

If he wants to leave, let him. If we have disrespected his culture, he has done so to ours too. This spoken to Kigipigak with the hurt heavy in her voice.

She turned back, finding a soft glimmer in her eyes when she was no longer upon them. She would not hear the man do any sort of dance around his foolish logic. Forgiveness was not in her heart.
92 Posts
Ooc — The System
It was not worth the discussion, he knew as Sakhmet spoke. Cerne bit his tongue and bowed his head, and he offered quietly, "Good luck with your village." So he had ruined relations between him and Natigvik — or, at least the two before him. They lived far, and even if they visited, he would not be required to see them. Still, he wished it could have ended better. With a flick of his tail, he had turned and left for good.

Cerne out

Cerne is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Cerne is mentally well.
Napatuqvik
Sangilak

1,200 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
Sakhmet was the one to counter his questions, which earned a veiled look; Kigipigak had not expected her to so abruptly end things, but he couldn't refuse her either. Cerne made his way. Kigipigak watched him go and fumed to himself until the man was out of range of them both.

I do not understand. Should we not demand answers? He looked to his wife, clearly disoriented by the exchange. Didn't she want to know? He saw the hurt in her and felt more anger, and had nowhere to put it.

Did we do something wrong by trusting him? The fire in his gaze did not diminish; now there was a softening to his features instead, a furrowed brow, and the seeking of comfort with a reach to his wife.
511 Posts
Ooc — siv
When they were alone, she leaned into the touch of Kigipigak.

No answers he give will change what has happened. He went against us, he did not follow Natigvik. He may have hurt our families here.

How immersed she had become in the world of Kigipigak. Their world. Her shoulder pressed harder into his own, the fumes of her anger still steaming.

I should have trusted hunters. Not a wayward seer. You supported my trust as my Sangilak. She cooed with the softening of love. I have learned a lesson in this.
Napatuqvik
Sangilak

1,200 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
She was right.

It had been an affront to them - to her; whatever deal had been struck between Sakhmet and Cerne had voided when he'd ignored their laws. She had every right to be angry and Kigipigak would be there for her. He fumed with her.

I will find you hunters. He promised, and then fell silent as they returned to their previous endeavor: one another.