Lion Head Mesa eighth
Akashingo
Erpa-ha*
936 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Chaplain
Missionary
All Welcome 
what senmut knew of soldiers were that they could be rough, uneducated, and coarsened brutes doing what they would for a minute payment.

the allies from mereo were organized in a way that unnerved the young priest. he watched them, eyes lingering especially upon the imposing man @Reyson as they both stepped through the crowds.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
-Leave them at the bottom of the grave they dug for you. -
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
The little red coat caught his attention immediately, because his eyes were on him. Reyson turned and met his gaze with a long stare of his own. He moved with purpose then and stood in front of the smaller wolf, and looked down.

Hello. Since you were intent upon eyeing me, I figured I would introduce myself.

He lifted a corner of his maw. I am Reyson Ebonywood. Scutarius of Mereo and you are ?
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
Akashingo
Erpa-ha*
936 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Chaplain
Missionary
"senmut, we'eb priest. it means i train beneath the hem, high priest akhtar."

no matter his low rank here, he was more than a soldier. the young wolf drew himself up, bright green eyes firm. "how is it that you know the amiraad nekubi makono?" he inquired formally.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson did not lose his neutral stance, or even the look upon his face. He simply listened. He had never had time for Priests. They always had more to say than they knew about and nine times out of ten, when the spoke to soldiers they had no idea what to say, because they had not been in the bowels of hell and stood fast with blood to their knees.

Reyson furrowed his brow, unsure why it was a question. If he knew the princess as well, then he would have known she had just been on a envoy task to his people and his pack.

She just spent a time in our borders, learning of our soldiers and our ways. You realize they are allies yes? And that bonds are cultivated. We offer protection and detail, Akashingo offers trades and knowledge?
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
Akashingo
Erpa-ha*
936 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Chaplain
Missionary
senmut did not care for the soldier's condescension.

"i am aware, scutarius. but my devotion is to akashingo and to its princess. i am not wrong to question you, ally or otherwise."

his stance was firm, but senmut was not defiant; only loyal. "if she favours you, then i have nothing to fear."
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
I am guessing here, but I am assuming (you know what they say about assuming) that there are many wolves/servants etc here for such a grand affair, but i can edit or change if need be.

Reyson as always stuck his foot in his mouth. He was not good with the conversations especially when he was in a place that prickled his fur the wrong way anyway. He didn't like Akashingo, it made him uncomfortable. Too closed in, too many bodies, to many lushs.

Reyson furrowed his brow again. You have nothing to fear from me anyway. As for Princess Mokona, I could not dare to make a guess as to what she thinks of anyone. That seems, unseeming.

Bodies began to push and again, Reyson moved into a position of guard, though for this priest this time, not the princess. He stared around him, and felt a prickling beneath his fur.

So many bodies.
Akashingo
Erpa-ha*
936 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Chaplain
Missionary
thats perfect! <3

senmut relented. 

reyson showed humility. he would show mercy. "pharaoh enjoys his celebrations. but they can be overwhelming." he motioned the soldier along, to the edge of the party where the night air was free of cloying scents.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson stayed with the priest, putting his body into the throng, keeping the priest on the outside. He didn't really think that it was a faux pas, but again he wasn't sure, but his training would not let him relent.

I never understood the point of large celebrations. Small ones with those you love or at least have a care for seem better.

Finally when they reached the edge of the party, Reyson took a deep breath, and then ice blue gaze fell upon the priest and then back out to the party. Ever the soldier, ever the guardian.
Akashingo
Erpa-ha*
936 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Chaplain
Missionary
"such celebrations are also for the gods. they enjoy the scent of wine and feasting, the sound of laughter."

his eyes pondered.

"are there gods in mereo?"
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson looked to him with a question in his eye. He opened his mouth to speak it, but a crinkle came into his brow, and a frown on his maw. He wasn't sure if he should voice it, but voice it he did.

How would a mere mortal know what a god wants? And even then if they are visited, could it not be taken up for interpretation?

Reyson laid an ear down as he listened. I'm afraid I can't answer that. I am unsure. Though we are based on Roman history, so I imagine if there were any gods to be found, it would be them. Jupiter, Neptune, Venus, Mars.
Akashingo
Erpa-ha*
936 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Chaplain
Missionary
the soldier answered well. senmut was curious despite himself. "yes, i gathered that from the latin," he said dryly, though his eyes were humoured.

mars. jupiter. "i am a priest. i interpret the signs of the gods for those who do not know. they are important to communication."
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson was many things, a conversationalist was not one. Though he could hold his own, and he knew what to share and what to keep close to vest, in most cases, though not always. Especially in a new home with new packmates.

Reyson dipped his head. I do not ask much from gods, nor do I share much of a rapport with any. Though when you are in the trenches, you often surprise yourself for what you ask for.
Akashingo
Erpa-ha*
936 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Chaplain
Missionary
reyson was more eloquent than most, but senmut still saw the man's spiritual limitations. better to leave priesthood to those who practiced.

"in which wars have you fought?" he asked, diplomatically changing course for a subject reyson might find more palatable.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson lifted his gaze to the priest, allowing for the moment the barest hint of soul to shine through ice blues, before he clamped upon it and spoke softly.

Are we talking spiritual ones or physical ones? because they both have been numerous.

Reyson lifted his gaze back to the many bodies. Are your monastery's or places of worship quiet or noisy like this? I only wonder because how could you get any convening with the gods you follow done?
Akashingo
Erpa-ha*
936 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Chaplain
Missionary
reyson had something beyond fighting. senmut saw it for a moment, pinpointed it.

"i meant where did you receive the scars i can see," the hem-in-training said lightly. his eyes said that he understood. 

a laugh. "i call the mesa to Ra's light every morning. through the day those who live here come to me or summon me, and i perform prayers for them as well."
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson shifted, while he listened to the preist.

He moved tattered ears. My ear notches were the start of my rise through rank, but after so many battles they became a little more tattered. The ones across my shoulders are from a cat-o-nine tails for when I was punished by my commanders. The rest are from battles fought and pack mates saved or lost. I was raised in a militant pack before here. I knew nothing, but attack, fight or die. So I excelled and thus many of this I couldn't even tell you. Though this one.

He shifted, showing a line beneath pale fur near his throat. This one almost killed me when we were betrayed. I tried to save my soldiers, told them to leave without me, but none of them would and they all perished. I almost did as well, but the gods you speak of, saw fit to not allow me to join them in death.

You call the sun like a Rooster? May I ask you a tough question, Senmut?
Akashingo
Erpa-ha*
936 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Chaplain
Missionary
did reyson mean to insult him? or was the man only crude? senmut opted to believe the latter, having enjoyed their discourse till this point.

he stepped over the slight.

"you may," the young wolf said graciously. "and then perhaps you will tell me if in all your scars you saw a reason to worship."
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson hadn't meant an affront. He was generally confused how you called the sun. Had only seen Roosters do it.

Why did i live and they died? When I'm older and they were at the start of life. They coulda got out of the life? Raised babies. Lived well.

Reyson met his gaze. Not for myself. But i often asked whatever godsand godesses maybe listening to spare my soldiers.
Akashingo
Erpa-ha*
936 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Chaplain
Missionary
"some things are not for us to question." the young priest lifted his chin. "if the gods say that you are blessed, you do not ask why They have said this."

he paused. "you are a good man, scutarius. but you are not at peace. seek Their truth for yourself." his eyes were insistent, soft.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson sighed. Not the answer I wanted, but the one i expected. I don't have to like it, but I appreciate your honesty Priest Senmut.

Reyson stared off into space for a moment, the ghosts of though he had spoken of dancing along his minds eye and flitting off into the space.

Reyson turned towards the priest. I know I am not. And Unfortunately I probably never will be.
Akashingo
Erpa-ha*
936 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Chaplain
Missionary
senmut shook his head lightly. "i do not say never." the gods could create great works. reyson only needed to see it for himself.

"perhaps the morning you leave you will join me for dawn's prayers, atop the mesa. come when the sky is still dark."
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
[
Reyson nodded his head. I appreciate that. he shifted. Perhaps he should remove never from his vicab in that regard. Because he did not use it in battle or other things.

Reyson looked him over and nodded. I'll be there.
Akashingo
Erpa-ha*
936 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Chaplain
Missionary
<3

senmut smiled softly.

"walk with Amun." and then he was gone from view, a man delivered away to holier tasks. reyson remained on his mind.