Redhawk Caldera Recharge
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
YEEE! So I rolled in the tabletop for placements :) tagged ya there
I think for this to go smoothest...Maybe we do three rounds of posting to keep the race in segments. Feel free within those rounds to IC play out who takes the lead, falls behind, etc. :)
1. Dizzy trees and narrow path through the woods
2. Race across the meadow, around the boulder and back
3. Across the stones and back to the starting post 

Ok, now he had to keep things cool, because his ladyfriend's hard-to-find daughter just showed up. He looked surprised, but also incredibly pleased that she'd decided to show up and participate, even though she avoided eye contact with him. That was fine. She wasn't terribly comfortable with him, but she was here. And even being willing to participate in a group game was progress, he thought. "Well there we are! Now we're in for a great race!" He said. He didn't want to draw too much attention to her, after all. He had to be the cool guy. 

He gestured, so they could move along at a trot. He knew they'd be eager to get running, but a bit of a warm-up couldn't hurt, plus they'd need to know the route in order to race fairly. "To start off with, well, we'll start back there, at a line, and you'll make a dash for these trees, here. You each pick a tree, and I wanna see you go around it three full times, okay?" He said. "And one wolf per tree. No concussions allowed," He said. There were four trees, evenly spaced and he'd pulled the brushes away from each of them so their base was clear. "I got Bridget on standby just in case one of you wrecks yourself, but I'd rather we didn't have that happen. Plus she's gonna keep an eye an' make sure none of you cheats, Jay" He picked on the kid closest to him, who was obviously super enthusiastic about the whole process, not because he was the likeliest to cheat. But the toothy grin he gave the boy was to assure him he was only trying to rile him up, because he clearly needed to be wound up even more. If he was worried about the kids actually getting hurt, he probably wouldn't have made them get dizzy running circles around trees at the beginning of the race- but they'd have to learn how to keep their balance in the dizzying chase of a hunt. 

"After that, there's this path here, through the brush, where ya gotta go over each obstacle- except for one, that you should probably go under. The path only widens every couple of jumps, so if you wanna pass someone...Well, you'll have to do it on the fly. If one of the boys is hogging the path...Give 'em a bit of a shove." He said, leaving the last part quiet and directed toward Sorana. He continued leading them on to where the brush thickened, and a slim path had been cut- they would be in close quarters with one another, and would have to pass only when the space permitted. He'd clawed up the ground to make the path visible, but there were several sections where he'd piled branches up that they would need to jump over. They were modest in height, and could be bounded over, but they would have to pace their strides. He'd made a lot of jumps, intending for this section to be a steeplechase. It would wear their legs out a bit for sure. A couple naturally fallen trees also made for fitting obstacles- which he led them over, at a slow pace. "Watch yer head on this one. Go over it if you want, but...You can go under it if you want, just don't smack yer head off it when you're going full tilt, Aiden, lookin at you, bud," He clucked, ducking his head so that he could pass beneath the leaning body of a fallen tree. 

"After that section, we get to the field here- we don't need to go over it, you can see where the treeline is there. I wanna see you go clear across the meadow, around the big boulder at the end, and then come back this way. This is when you're gonna wanna pace yourselves. If you're ahead, maybe you save your speed a bit. If you're behind, maybe this is where you try an' overtake someone. But you've got one more section after this, and it's tougher. You're gonna come an' enter the forest here," He said, leading the group toward the part of the forest where the view was open, but there were boulders scattered everywhere between the trees. 

"Here, you can't touch the ground. You gotta go from boulder to boulder. If I see so much as yer paw touchin' the ground, you go back to the meadow's edge and start from there." He said. This would challenge their precision, and would give them all a chance at losing or gaining the lead, depending on who was the surest of foot. "After this, it's a mad dash back to where we began." He said, leading them across the plains. "I'll be followin' after ya, to make sure nobody CHEATS," He barked, to summon their attention once again. "But first back here to Bridget wins. Alright- line up!" He wasn't taking questions- he'd shout guidance to them if they needed it, but this would be a lesson in learning quickly, and retaining information. 

"Ready....Set....GO!"
Messages In This Thread
Recharge - by RIP Bronco - November 08, 2022, 12:04 PM
RE: Recharge - by Aiden - November 09, 2022, 03:51 AM
RE: Recharge - by Jay - November 09, 2022, 02:15 PM
RE: Recharge - by RIP Bronco - November 14, 2022, 05:28 PM
RE: Recharge - by Sorana - November 14, 2022, 08:41 PM
RE: Recharge - by Aiden - November 16, 2022, 08:50 AM
RE: Recharge - by Jay - November 30, 2022, 08:17 PM
RE: Recharge - by Bridget - November 30, 2022, 08:22 PM
RE: Recharge - by RIP Bronco - November 30, 2022, 09:10 PM
RE: Recharge - by Sorana - December 21, 2022, 11:59 PM