Sun Mote Copse And I'm breaking down, I think I'm breaking down
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
Woah. This was a lot more than what Bronco was expecting. Generally, he might've expected something more vague from Fennec, more of an allusion or insult cast in his mother's direction rather than for her to open up about what had happened. Getting detailed information from Fennec was like trying to pry a pearl from an oyster- except that the oyster had fangs, and was still alive while it was being shucked, ready to bite. This time, however, she'd definitely been pushed over the edge- and her confession spilled forth from her like an overflowing fountain. 

At first, he missed the aside about her learning to be a healer- and was more gutted by the shock of knowing that his mother had lashed out at her. He wasn't quick to leap to his mother's defense, though, having been held at the sharp edge of her sword more than once before. "Jeez, Fenn," He gritted. "She actually hit you?" Sure, he'd given her a few thumps, kicks and playful headbutts throughout their childhood, but he had never intentionally lashed out at her, in spite of all her sharp witticisms. Given how angry she was now, though, he could imagine the scenario...The easiest way to piss his mother off was to say something, or do something, that dug into his mother's insecurities, or undermined her authority. He wondered if Fennec had said something- but that wasn't the point, and she probably didn't want to be interrogated right now. "What a piece of shit," He said. His mother hadn't mentioned the altercation to him- but she had been pretty distant and abrupt.
Messages In This Thread
RE: And I'm breaking down, I think I'm breaking down - by RIP Bronco - September 16, 2020, 04:56 PM