Jade Fern Grove Seems you cannot be replaced, and I'm the one who will stay
Pledged
Party City
1,545 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Private 
The trees were pale and beautiful. That was what Reverie found herself able to focus on, when the fog finally cleared. @Lestan was at her side, but his presence was too real, too intelligent and questioning to acknowledge right now.
She stopped, as she had several times. But this time her attention was on the trees and their pristine white cloaks.
I bet you never need raindancers here, She commented softly, when the weight of speaking didn't seem so daunting. Maybe I should be a rogue instead. She shot Lestan a mischievous glance, though her weariness dulled the playful vibe somewhat.
I... I don't remember all of what happened. But it was probably the same thing that always happens. I'm sorry, She was somber now. Her experience with Bjarna had given her the confidence to deliver this apology without wilting, at least. Bjarna hadn't abandoned her then, and Lestan was still here, and neither of them had seemed angry at all. It was weird. But she was getting used to it quickly, in part because she wanted it so terribly.
It wasn't that no one had ever been kind to her. Her siblings had been nothing but good to her, as far as she could remember. But that was because they were her siblings, and she'd always been certain that one day they would get tired of her too. And no one outside of her family had any obligation to her; no one would want to deal with someone like her. At least, that was what her parents always said. But she was starting to wonder.
Messages In This Thread