Jade Fern Grove Seems you cannot be replaced, and I'm the one who will stay
Pledged
Party City
1,547 Posts
Ooc — xynien
He smiled at her, and the world was brighter for a moment.
Maybe you remember the best parts; it was simple, but it held her attention. It stood out to her even more than the small shock of Lestan's ignorance of raindancers. In some ways she had suspected the latter all along; that this land was blessed by Mother Rain and never needed to beg for her mercy.
But it was his gentle optimism, his casual compassion toward this brief glimpse of the bleak and insurmountable reality of her life, that struck her as so impossible. It was as if, with every action he took and every careful word he spoke to her, he answered that burning question that haunted her day and night. There is nothing wrong with you.
She thought again that she could listen to him speak forever, noticing for the first time that his voice had a foreign lilt to it. Oh, I... yes, I think so, She wasn't sure if she was hungry, actually, but thought that maybe he was; maybe he meant for them to hunt together. Oh — but she still hadn't explained about raindancers! Raindancers are important back home, in The Gilded Sea. When the signs are just right, we gather and dance, to call to Mother Rain. We try to embody the flames so she sees that we need her help. But this... this weird water is already everywhere. I can't imagine fire in this place.
She cast another glance around, slightly in awe, trying not to think too hard about the mentions of fire. If she just didn't think about it too much, it wasn't quite so difficult to talk about.
Messages In This Thread