Rising Sun Valley You've got me seeing stars, brighter than ever
Pledged
1,542 Posts
Ooc — xynien
I love them too <3
She was not the flames.
It was wrong, she knew, but fire had no place in her heart. She was the wind and the spiraling snow, she was as bright and immaterial as a fleeting thought of something beautiful in the moments before sleep. She existed in the way of sunlight and songs; something seen and felt but impossible to grasp.
Evander had once said that he found solace in dancing, that it brought out some secret part of him. A boy who loved rain and hazy nights; something that their parents could not control. It was different for her. There was no hidden beauty to her, nothing secret in her heart except sickness. And when she danced, all of that fell away. She could see the world so clearly, and she could think about anything at all.
The snow gathered around her feet, kicking up now in splashes of white. She spun in her own storm of snow, a golden blur in a pale cloak.
She was thinking of Rose again, and how she'd always wanted to dance. Reverie had thought that she would like to sing, too, but no wolf could do both. Even the twins hadn't been that special, and they were more important than any of them.
Lestan did both.
She stopped, and as the snow began to settle around her, she saw him. As surely as the Mother above, he had answered her call, though she had not meant to call him. She'd only wanted a moment of beauty. Maybe it made sense that he would answer such a call.
She shook the snow from her fur and ran to him.
Lestan, Her steps slowed as she reached him and was struck again by the magic of it all. What if she was only imagining him here? She reached out to touch him softly, to assure herself that he was real. Her voice was soft, barely above a whisper. You came.
Messages In This Thread
You've got me seeing stars, brighter than ever - by Reverie - December 25, 2022, 02:59 PM
RE: You've got me seeing stars, brighter than ever - by Reverie - December 26, 2022, 04:34 PM