Duck Lake No one dies from love; guess I'll be the first
Pledged
Party City
1,546 Posts
Ooc — xynien
For the first time, Reverie really considered that maybe she was asking too much, reaching too far. She'd meant to clear the air, make it easier for them to proceed without worrying so much about the end of the path, but it was sounding more and more like they wanted different things. We'll be slow, Lestan said, echoing a sentiment he'd expressed several times already. So far they had not. He meant to fix that, she figured, but what about all that had already happened between them? Did they just... take it back? Did he want to? She didn't know, but she knew that Lestan was frowning and suddenly she felt unsure.
I am, She answered his question quietly, her expression thoughtful and solemn now as she studied him. I'm going to be a scout for Kvarsheim, while I decide if I'm going to stay there. I can visit you at Swiftcurrent Creek, so you don't have to leave - I know it's important to you. Important in the way packs were to pack wolves. Important in the way Kvarsheim was to Bjarna. She was learning, she thought. Then she added, I met Akavir. He's nice. She wanted to ask if he was sure that he was sure, but for now she only let the conversation flow forward. She would have to trust that Lestan would give voice to any doubts he might have.
Messages In This Thread
RE: No one dies from love; guess I'll be the first - by Reverie - January 30, 2023, 07:20 PM