Swiftcurrent Creek [m] I can feel the city crumbling around me
Pledged
1,542 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Private 

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: So much internalized misogyny I need a shower
Reverie could not be certain how far along her pregnancy was, but she knew that it would be obvious to anyone who looked at her by now. So she started to hide herself, ashamed of her own appearance. To her own eyes she looked bloated, sick, gross. Was this why a woman was only worth her purity? It felt like a product of her indiscretions, a punishment, even.
No man would ever look at this and feel desire. That was the real reason to wait for marriage, so then they could not just leave — !
She took a deep breath and reminded herself that Lestan would not leave, and then reminded herself that she had been looking for @Moss. Someone she knew would not leave, even in the absence of promises and commitments. It was just different with Moss. Reverie had kept herself away, truthfully, because she sometimes thought that if things had been different — that if she hadn't met Lestan, or if she had met him second, maybe she would have fallen for someone like Moss. That thought disturbed her a little bit. It did not affect her feelings for Lestan; it existed alongside them, but in a way that chafed uncomfortably at her conscience. So maybe she was a little nervous as she went to find Moss. Just a little.
Messages In This Thread
[m] I can feel the city crumbling around me - by Reverie - March 21, 2023, 03:23 PM