Swiftcurrent Creek I love this record, baby, but I can't see straight anymore
Pledged
1,536 Posts
Ooc — xynien
All Welcome 
All welcome, tags for ref. If no one joins this within a week I'll be editing in a conclusion and Some Things May Occur <3
There were so many things Reverie understood now, and yet the world had painted itself anew for her when she woke. She was fascinated first by the pale gentle light that filtered through the den entrance, the way it lit up little dust motes that floated lazily through the air. For a long time she only stared, until the rain began.
Soft rain, cold rain, but she was delighted! Reverie crept away from @Blossom and @Lestan to settle just outside the den. The scents of @Moss and @Arric lingered outside still, but she paid them no mind. The rains would wash it all away. She tipped her head back to catch a droplet in her mouth, and tasted the wilds in it. She closed her eyes, and remembered the woman.
Slowly her muzzle lowered, and when she opened her eyes again, Reverie saw her. She was nothing more than a shadow darting through the trees, but her eyes gleamed even from this distance. The whispers, she could hear them now.
Small gods.
And she knew that the woman with the mismatched eyes was the one who had been there, in the cave, the one who had tried to take Blossom from her. The one who had come to answer the call of the darkness Reverie had cast over herself. Fire always did throw the deepest of shadows. She had to find her; not to kill her, no, but to understand... after all, what was light without shadow?
To any onlooker it would seem as if Reverie was merely enjoying the light morning rain. In truth she was making plans, dark plans for a dark creature.
You will burn with me.
Messages In This Thread
I love this record, baby, but I can't see straight anymore - by Reverie - April 15, 2023, 10:34 AM