Ankyra Sound I knew you were trouble when you walked in
Pledged
Party City
1,545 Posts
Ooc — xynien
I love Pearl Jam... making some assumptions, let me know if it isn't okay!
As she made her way back, the distant sound of singing reached her. The hair along her spine lifted at first, but Reverie quickly settled herself with a reminder that the world was unchanged. It was, as a whole, no more malevolent now than it had been prior to her meeting with the dark woman.
It was only that it felt that way. As if she had lost some of her trust in the world. Reverie hurried to secure her new possessions, but could not decide what to do with Blossom. She was too young to be left alone for long... but taking her to meet a stranger? She wasn't sure.
In the end she drifted out to the beach with her daughter ambling along behind, and the stranger came to her. He appeared in the distance at first, his song increasing in volume... and as the details of his figure came into focus, Reverie found herself startled. He did not look like any wolf she'd seen! In fact, he hardly looked like any living creature Reverie had ever laid eyes on. But he sang in the voice of canines, and so she tried to settle, thinking then of Bjarna.
The thought softened her judgment, but did nothing to alleviate the uncertainty inspired by her present circumstances. Alone and bound to her daughter, Reverie was far too wary of this encounter to make the first move. Instead she was silently watchful, waiting for the stranger's path to cross her own.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I knew you were trouble when you walked in - by Reverie - May 06, 2023, 06:50 PM